CARS or Bob’s. Which is better to deal with

Selim

I had to visit the foundry that I sell for in Ontario Ca. a while back.

Driving from Denver, I hung a right at Barstow, went thru Bakersfield and over to Atascadero, and visited "Bob's".

Spent about an hour at "the farm house on the hill".

Very pleased with their knowledge and willingness to help me find all those little things I needed to sort out the '40 Buick LTD.

Never dealt with "Cars".

Mike in Colorado

16 hours ago, Selim said:

Dear all

i m intending to make an order overseas for my Buick super 1949 and hesitant to go for either Bob’s or CARS

from your experience , which is better? 

You tell us. Order half what you need from Bob's and the other half from CARS and report back to us with what you found out.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:23 AM, Selim said:

Dear all

i m intending to make an order overseas for my Buick super 1949 and hesitant to go for either Bob’s or CARS

We are not allowed to comment negatively on vendors.   I would order from Bob's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 1:28 AM, 1953mack said:

You tell us. Order half what you need from Bob's and the other half from CARS and report back to us with what you found out.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

SO FAR I bought most of stuff from BOBs. very helpful, they bear with me on the phone and provide technical help. I am happy with them so far.

On 11/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, 39BuickEight said:

I've had good dealings with both.  The only difference is a dollar or two here and there, and shipping is often more with one than the other.  I like them both.

noticed that some parts in CARS are less expensive from BOBs. but didn't compare with shipping price. difference is not that high on price though

On 11/10/2019 at 2:23 AM, Selim said:

Dear all

Basically, I think it is six of one but half dozen of the other.  The people at BOB's are much nicer, friendlier, etc.; but often they don't have what I want so then I go to CARS.  But an example of a difference is that recently I needed a rebuilt fuel pump in a hurry, and I hadn't rebuilt my last core for the shelf.  CARS had it on the shelf, but with a $100 core charge.  I didn't like that, but sometimes you do what you have to do.  So I got the last used fuel pump off the car in the garage and mailed it to the as the core for another $14 and change.  That's been a month ago and I still don't have my $100 back.  They keep saying the rebuilder hasn't gotten around to insuring he car rebuild my old one.  Well, the car was running when I bought it two  years ago on that fuel pump, but it was leaking from a gasket.  I see no reason for them fooling around so long to send my core charge back.  I have called twice.  But I've known the owner since he ran a flea market spot with NOS Buick parts and I know he is a straight shooter....he just doesn't live nearby anymore and has a manager I think running the business.  As for Bob, I knew his father who started the business.  Only problem I ever had with Bob was my restorer insisted the new rebuilt clutch wouldn't work, so Bob send another one and had them send that one back.  Then he called me and complained there was nothing wrong with the first one.  All I know is the second one worked.  I think the shop mechanic was a retired Chevrolet garage mechanic and there may have been something he didn't understand at the King of the Road-----a straight8 Buick 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, old-tank said:

Bob's or Fusick's.  I would rather schedule an enema than buy from Cars (about the same difference!).

I got stuff from fusick too and found same items there less expensive sometime from Bob’s 

On 12/26/2019 at 11:45 AM, Dynaflash8 said:

Basically, I think it is six of one but half dozen of the other.  The people at BOB's are much nicer, friendlier, etc.; but often they don't have what I want so then I go to CARS.  But an example of a difference is that recently I needed a rebuilt fuel pump in a hurry, and I hadn't rebuilt my last core for the shelf.  CARS had it on the shelf, but with a $100 core charge.  I didn't like that, but sometimes you do what you have to do.  So I got the last used fuel pump off the car in the garage and mailed it to the as the core for another $14 and change.  That's been a month ago and I still don't have my $100 back.  They keep saying the rebuilder hasn't gotten around to insuring he car rebuild my old one.  Well, the car was running when I bought it two  years ago on that fuel pump, but it was leaking from a gasket.  I see no reason for them fooling around so long to send my core charge back.  I have called twice.  But I've known the owner since he ran a flea market spot with NOS Buick parts and I know he is a straight shooter....he just doesn't live nearby anymore and has a manager I think running the business.  As for Bob, I knew his father who started the business.  Only problem I ever had with Bob was my restorer insisted the new rebuilt clutch wouldn't work, so Bob send another one and had them send that one back.  Then he called me and complained there was nothing wrong with the first one.  All I know is the second one worked.  I think the shop mechanic was a retired Chevrolet garage mechanic and there may have been something he didn't understand at the King of the Road-----a straight8 Buick 🙂

I DID GET MY CORE CHARGE BACK.  Took about a month.  No problems.