39 buick special ... need a few bits .

bellhp

Trying to fix this car for a friend ... on a budget . It's a 1939 buick special ... I need a headlight knob ... a spark plug cover for the engine ...and the linkage that goes between the wiper switch and the wiper motor if possible . Thanks , if anybody has any of these bits and you want to part with them let me know . Rich

Many straight 8's do not have a spark plug cover.  With some plugs - leads they can touch the metal cover.  Is not needed.

Other bits:  The best source of pre war Buick parts is Dave Tacheny in Champlin, MN. He specializes in 1936-1941 Buick parts. He is old school:- no email. The best way to contact him is to call him between 4 and 7 pm Central at 763-427 3460. You can also write him a letter. His address is 11949 Oregon Ave N., Champlin, MN 55316

The wiper linkage may be unique to the early wiper transmission.  Possible that 1940 is the same. (Do not have my parts books at hand)

Headlight knob: as the other thread or Dave T.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Thank you , I haven't reached out to Mr.Tacheny yet ... but was just kicking around on the computer and saw the WANTED section here ... so I thought maybe some members may have the bits I need and want to get rid of them . I like the looks of the plug cover so If I can find a replacement one I'll try to install it . I can probably make the linkage for the wiper ... but again maybe someone has a pile of parts in the corner of the garage and wants to make a few bucks. I couldn't find the knob at the ebay seller you mentioned in the other post ... he had other years but not 39 .