Sign in to follow this  
Jolly_John

1967 BUICK RIVIERA Replica. Like a Dealer Promo Car

Just $40 total, INCLUDING Priority Mail shipping in the U.S.

I'm selling this nice 1967 BUICK RIVIERA model "as is". I'll explain that in a moment. This is a very straight '67 Riviera scale model. It’s NOT a do-it-yourself car kit. Rather, it’s factory-built, and  is the same as the '67 Riviera car dealer promo car in most ways, but I'm told my Riviera was made in a green color, for sale specifically in hobby shops and toy stores .

This example has no warping in the plastic, excellent gloss, good "glass", no scratches to speak of, and no rubs. The plastic chrome on the bumpers and grill shows some aging. This Riviera has a friction motor on the front axle. It would need to be freed up, if you think it's important to function. The car measures 8-1/2" long. Again, this is a real toy store model, NOT an assembled plastic car kit.

Now, to the "as is" part. The right front wheel and tire are missing. I've installed a donut spare tire on the car, so it sits level. This is clearly shown in the last photo. This '67 Riviera displays fine from the driver's side, if a guy wants just a nice display piece. If a person wants a totally intact model, there are actual vendors of used promo parts out there, who can likely supply the two missing right front wheel items. Any wheel and tire from a '67 Riviera dealer promo will be an exact match. There are NO other missing parts on this Riviera.

I've reflecting the "as is" condition of this Riviera model in the price. It is just $40, INCLUDING U.S.P.S. Priority Mail shipping in the U.S. Thanks for looking. John

abrm1.jpg

abrm2.jpg

abrm3.jpg

abrm4.jpg

abrm5.jpg

abrm6.jpg

abrm7.jpg

abrm8.jpg

John,

You can probably fix the gear drive mechanism by unscrewing the chassis and removing hair and other debris from the other gear.  Then lubricate very lightly with a good electronic lubricant.  I had a '64 Chevelle SS promo that looked like it had never been apart.  The flywheel was inoperative, so I thoroughly cleaned every thing, lubricated it and it is now like new.  

I suggest finding a damaged promo on Ebay and swapping the complete chassis.  I have the '67 Riviera promo in this color, and while the color isn't the best, it's a cool model car.  It was also available in Silver and possibly other colors.

John,

The first generation Riviera promos sell for a good price, but the second generation don't.  They were made from 1963-1969 by AMT.  There was also an AM radio version, most commonly seen on the 1966.  The radio was actually made by Philco, which was owned by Ford!  

Very interesting, Jim! You really know dealer promos.  I've owned two of the 1963 Riviera promos over the years. Both happened to be silver in color. As you indicated, they bring a good bit of money. I recall both of mine eventually went to Buick guys, who were owners of full-sized '63 Rivieras. Thanks for sharing! John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

STILL AVAILABLE....$40, INCLUDING the shipping to your home. That means you're paying about $30 or so for the '67 Riv. John