how to check brake fluid on 1941 Chevy Car?

jerrybev

I would imagine the same way as any other GM with the master cylinder under the floor.  Roll the front mat back, take the cover out of the floor pan, reach under the floor to take the top off the MC.  If low add as needed.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I have ever only owned one Chev.  Never had one with the MC under the floor.

You should get an operators manual or drivers handbook (whatever Chev called it that year).  Also you should get a shop manual and a parts book for you car. (first thing to buy for any vehicle you own).

https://vccachat.org/

I cant say exactly either, except that I agree with Tinindian that it is under the floor, like any other GM gar of the era. A few GM cars can be reached from under the hood, but way down in the frame rails. Most, however, are just like Tinindian said, you have to roll back the driver's floormat and look under there. Remove the plug and add. Make it full-ish, but don't fill clear to the top.

It probably looks roughly like one of these.

CX4842.JPG

820065.jpg

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

The top picture that "Bloo" has illustrated is a 1951 - 1955 Chevy Truck....

The bottom picture as illustrated is a 1940 - 1954 Chevy passenger car --

That I S your master cylinder.

I have all NEW U.S.A. made parts if you need , require, or want:

The Master Cylinder, the Wheel Cylinders, the Brake Shoes, the Brake Hoses,

The Wheel Bearings & Seals, the Brake Drums, and the Emergency Brake Cables.... And a whoooooooole lot more.....

Always best to simply call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935..... West Hempstead, Long Island, New York.....

• Like 1