victorialynn2

How about a picture of YOU with a car?

On 2/23/2020 at 10:32 PM, oldcarfudd said:

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder 

IMG_4082.jpg

This might be my favorite pic so far. 

I have many times pondered a northern winter tour.... Christmas lights by gas lights perhaps. I wouldn’t be able to get anyone but my father to go with me, but what fun!

• Like 2

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I'm afraid the "northern winter tour" on this occasion consisted of backing the car out of the garage, taking a picture for our annual holiday letter, and driving it back into the garage!

GIL fitzhugh the Elder

In an old Dodge Brothers bread truck at the National DB show in 2009....

Picture 039.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

In IDRJOESANDIEGO'S DB sedan at the National DB meet in Keizer, Oregon, 2009....

Picture 156.jpg

• Like 1

Driving my friend, Tom's 1973 Jeep out in the California desert....Death Valley was so hot, I had to wear a towel on my lap to keep from getting burned to a crisp....

IMG_6276 (2).JPG

• Thanks 1

do not know how I missed this one.but here goes taking some of my grand kids to a cruise night a few years agoIMG_3993.JPG.5f61db112a4213d987860fe16495881c.JPG2098561250_PB170006-Copy.thumb.JPG.78c829aa2981d5cc4534c77521612867.JPG

• Like 2

Me working a 1933 Pierce Arrow V-12 Roadster. Not mine. Belongs to a good friend. 

IMG_1988.JPG

• Like 4

Me on a 1957 Agricat Dozer that I rescued. These were manufactured in Berkley, California Not a car but sure turns a lot of heads.  

IMG_1636 (1).JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The way the Agricat crawler looked when I brought it home. Yeah, It was a pile of junk. Rescued from a scrapper from Newport News, Virginia.

IMG_1247.JPG

• Like 3

And me running my mini swing shovel. It's a "Dandy Dave's L'il Digger." I put it together out of discarded parts and left over bits of scrap metal. Assembled in 2001 and none of the parts were meant to be part of a swing shovel. The undercarriage was from a Vermeer W 1-A Trencher. The swing gear is off of a McCormick-Deering horse drawn corn binder. Motor was from a Jacobsen lawn mower. Forward and reversing clutches from a Wayne Road Sweeper work the crowd. An old builders winch for the hoist. Fabricated the deck, swing pin, bucket, boom, gantry, and other stuff. Folks that see it in action just say, "Why, that's just Dandy Dave." Hence the name. 😃

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

I must have one. Thanks for putting that in my head, Dave.

• Haha 1

I wasn't an "old car" owner until I bought this Studebaker back in 2009 from a friend that had it stored in a garage for 30 + years.  It had been repainted green over the original black and that paint was starting to flake off .  This along with having to do some disassembly to fix a stuck valve, clogged fuel system, repairing parts with disintegrating pot metal, etc. drove me down a path to do a nut and bolt restoration on it (labor of love).  Dressed for the era at the Old Car Festival.

20180908_101023.thumb.jpg.c28bc069af76bff7c188335a37569273.jpg

Although I owned a 1967 GTO in high school, I was into a different style of engine in my younger days

993041557_Maint5.thumb.jpg.26a8fdb47ef979cd2afaeed69fafe8d7.jpg

Edited by Stude Light (see edit history)
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

This is a Model F Agricat. I have one with a loader attachment that is awaiting restoration. These have two rollers in the frame and are longer than the Model C. This one sports a Model 24 Briggs and Stratton at 9 H.P. like my Model C. A Wisconsin engine was also available from the factory. Dandy Dave! 

Here's my Model F. Agricat. It's in a lot better shape than the model C was. What a disease collecting this stuff is. 😜🙃🤪  Dandy Dave! 

IMG_1798.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_Mereness said:

1708592157_JohnCheckingAustinHealey.jpg.a24637e2cbed905d21cd7bbd453ba97f.jpg

One year later than you in my first (and only) Bugatti.

image.jpeg.b0ee6dbf71057bdfe2775def55e1c73b.jpeg

• Like 3

Talk about a small Bulldozer, this one is 1 HP Briggs & Stratton.  A converted Pedal Tractor.   Not me pictured.but two young guys

at a AACA Show who loved it because they were allow to touch and feel the power.  I took it to the show in the Boo Bros. truck.

865205122_BooBoys.thumb.jpg.6252d080f50442074db2587862d345b8.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Added text (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

That small Cat actually could be bought with a gas engine, an electric motor, or a peddle model. They were made by New London Metal Processing Corp. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Talk about a small Bulldozer, this one is 1 HP Briggs & Stratton.  A converted Pedal Tractor.

Is that you, Paul, in the picture?

I need to get this one out on the road again.

719058075_1952FordF1-HertageVillageOntario.thumb.jpg.b5f961fa93ccc3e56140da27179a235f.jpg

• Like 2

Me, July 4th 1967.  The car was my 1929 Chevrolet 2-door Coach.  We had just come back from an antique car show in Deltona, FL.  Where it had won 2nd place in its category.   Lost the car in an accident a couple of years later

First album.jpg

• Like 1