How about a picture of YOU with a car?

victorialynn2

My new acquisition as of yesterday. 1931 Chrysler CD-8  De Luxe Sedan from the Denver area.  25 year old restoration and I am sure I will be posting lots of questions.

Now I need to get it home to Tacoma WA.

Kurt Morrison

20200128_131408.jpg

• Like 10

21 hours ago, KLF said:

Hey Marty

Here's a pic of my 12 Oakland 40 on tour about 10 years ago with my wife and I in it. We've been touring it since 1987 when I finally finished the 10 year restoration. Had it on tour last summer. It's been a great runner over the years. I've put over 25000 miles on it!

Ken

12 oakland on tour.jpg

Ken, that 1912 Oakland Model 40 is a fine, and beautiful machine.

Hopefully we'll get to tour together.

The prior pic was taken the first month we had the ‘12. This shot is of my Oakland Model 30 after enhancements including paint and tires.

C3379700-28A5-49A7-84E2-B24B71AF12CD.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Wish I had been able to start with a car as good as yours. Here's a pic of it back when I got it. It was found in 1962 but wasn't touched until I bought it.  I bought a complete but all apart body from Ray Graber in California for it. We had to do all the wood and a lot of rust repair but I'm very happy with the finished product. Ray was restoring a model 40 too. He built a new body for his. He took his on a trans continental tour after it was done! Don't know where that car is today.

Ken

oakland as found.jpg

• Like 2

Since I mention my wife fairly often, we came across this picture and I scanned it. Give her an old truck, some fertilizer, and a little topsoil for a big smile.

I sold the truck and she doesn't do much topsoil, but something still makes her smile.

Just to add a picture to the words.

001.thumb.jpg.d9745e3377837cce39ddb0e1943addcb.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

With some warm weather hitting and cars coming out from a long winters rest, I thought this thread needed revived. 

Here we have me driving by as my dad took a video. As still as it looks, I was likely going about 25mph. After a few quick cranks with the ignition off to prime things up, the Hupmobile came to life on the first quarter turn. 

1D3E675E-6572-4E09-8943-089F9272AEB0.png

2E107D78-F316-4016-B5A2-6457EBB06F8C.jpeg

• Like 2

Great thread, folks! Thanks for starting it @victorialynn2

This is me and Lauren on the Bonneville Salt Flats during a our transcontinental Lincoln Highway trip in May 2014.

My wife says she has rarely seen me as happy as I was during this somewhat fraught "Big Trip."

image.thumb.png.8a69400bdd1bf375dc8d229d12d4ae15.png

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 7:47 PM, V16 said:

My wife and I at Pebble Beach with our 1915 Packard Special Roadster. The car was built and driven by Carl G. Fisher, the man who built the Indy 500, The Lincoln Highway, Miami Beach and more! He drove it as the Pace car in the 1915 Indy 500 race as well as the Fall Classics of the same year. He also used the car to survey parts of the Lincoln Highway. It is basically all original except for late 20's repaint by Eddie Rickenbacker when he owned the Speedway.

Allen & Nancy Strong large sh.jpg

That's so cool! Carl G. Fisher must have been an absolute force of nature—I built up some familiarity with him when working on my Lincoln Highway 101 book.

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I can't compete with Carl Fisher's Packard, but here's one to add to the four I posted on Page 1 of this thread.  I still think it's one of the best threads on the forum, and I'm really enjoying it.  Thank you, VL2, and all those who have participated.

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder 

IMG_4082.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here's mine.  1941 Buick Super .

23,800 original miles at purchase July 2011  Mankato MN.  I'm the third owner.  A Minnesota car from new til 2011. (NO RUST ☺️)  current mileage 35,430. had her out today for a 30 mile run. 

I've enjoyed seeing you guys with your cars.    Thanks Victoria Lynn.  Great idea.☺️

Wayne

Fresno, Ca. 

IMG-20161116-WA0003.jpg

Edited by 414TATA (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Took this photo over the weekend, not the best car in my collection, but it is my favorite car. I am the third owner of this piece of Chevrolet history. Every time I drive it I feel like I am 20 years old again, until I have to get out of it..... 

This was at George Albright's Charity show in Ocala Florida. George is a contributor to this site and also the Tax Collector for Marion County FL and runs a great show where the money goes to charity! Great Job George thanks

John

IMG_8605.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 5

It was on the July 4 1977 Car club tour and camping trip at Lake of the Woods, when this beautiful Packard 734 boat tail speedster arrived and parked near my dad's '31 Chevy. The owner, Julian Eccles, had driven over from his home in Klamath Falls for a visit. That kid in the goofy black hat staring at the car was me.  The story told around the campfire that night was Bill Harrah wanted one of these for his collection, and had borrowed this car so that his team of talented restorers could build a copy on a donor car chassis.

julian eccles 734 packard 1.jpg

julian eccles 734 packard 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Oregon Desert model 45 said:

It was on the July 4 1977 Car club tour and camping trip at Lake of the Woods, when this beautiful Packard 734 boat tail speedster arrived and parked near my dad's '31 Chevy. The owner, Julian Eccles, had driven over from his home in Klamath Falls for a visit. That kid in the goofy black hat staring at the car was me.  The story told around the campfire that night was Bill Harrah wanted one of these for his collection, and had borrowed this car so that his team of talented restorers could build a copy on a donor car chassis.

julian eccles 734 packard 1.jpg

julian eccles 734 packard 2.jpg

Julian was a wonderful man. I went over to Klamath Falls to check out his 1929 Chrysler 75 so I could get an idea of what mine could look like. He let me crawl all over that car.

Me and my 1915 Buick C-36 Roadster. Acquired the car in 2006 from the estate of a very close friend. It has been written up in a few publications. July of 2008 Buick Bugle for one. It has been a lot of fun to show and tour with over the years.  

1915 C-36 Buick .jpg

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 2/23/2020 at 10:32 PM, oldcarfudd said:

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder 

IMG_4082.jpg

This might be my favorite pic so far. 

I have many times pondered a northern winter tour.... Christmas lights by gas lights perhaps. I wouldn’t be able to get anyone but my father to go with me, but what fun!

• Like 2

And me running my mini swing shovel. It's a "Dandy Dave's L'il Digger." I put it together out of discarded parts and left over bits of scrap metal. Assembled in 2001 and none of the parts were meant to be part of a swing shovel. The undercarriage was from a Vermeer W 1-A Trencher. The swing gear is off of a McCormick-Deering horse drawn corn binder. Motor was from a Jacobsen lawn mower. Forward and reversing clutches from a Wayne Road Sweeper work the crowd. An old builders winch for the hoist. Fabricated the deck, swing pin, bucket, boom, gantry, and other stuff. Folks that see it in action just say, "Why, that's just Dandy Dave." Hence the name. 😃

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 5

I wasn't an "old car" owner until I bought this Studebaker back in 2009 from a friend that had it stored in a garage for 30 + years.  It had been repainted green over the original black and that paint was starting to flake off .  This along with having to do some disassembly to fix a stuck valve, clogged fuel system, repairing parts with disintegrating pot metal, etc. drove me down a path to do a nut and bolt restoration on it (labor of love).  Dressed for the era at the Old Car Festival.

20180908_101023.thumb.jpg.c28bc069af76bff7c188335a37569273.jpg

Although I owned a 1967 GTO in high school, I was into a different style of engine in my younger days

993041557_Maint5.thumb.jpg.26a8fdb47ef979cd2afaeed69fafe8d7.jpg

Edited by Stude Light (see edit history)
  • Like 5