1937 Chrysler Build and VIN Tags

37Royal

I am restoring a 1937 Chrysler Royal RS coupe (picture attached). I wish to restore the data plates but am having trouble with three plates, in terms of understanding the content – pictures attached.   

Here are my questions:  

• For IMG 3764, this tag is from another 37 Chrysler which is a parts car. I would like to make the correct tag for my car which was the same model except mine is an RS Coupe.  How would the information on the tag change?
  • For IMG 3769, I cannot make out the Trim Code as the stamping was poorly done.  Any help deciphering would be appreciated.
  • For IMG 3768, the background is in poor shape. Does anyone have a picture of a fresh VIN tag they can share
  • For IMG 3765, I can make out most of the information but the very top line is damaged by age – what does this say?  Can you send me a picture of better example of this plate? 

If you can assist, or point in the right direction  – the help is greatly appreciated.  I'm becoming a little despondent with the lack of insight available out there for these old cars. 

Regards

jake

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

6 hours ago, 37Royal said:

I am restoring a 1937 Chrysler Royal RS coupe (picture attached). I wish to restore the data plates but am having trouble with three plates, in terms of understanding the content – pictures attached.   

Here are my questions:  

• For IMG 3764, this tag is from another 37 Chrysler which is a parts car. I would like to make the correct tag for my car which was the same model except mine is an RS Coupe.  How would the information on the tag change?
  • For IMG 3769, I cannot make out the Trim Code as the stamping was poorly done.  Any help deciphering would be appreciated.
  • For IMG 3768, the background is in poor shape. Does anyone have a picture of a fresh VIN tag they can share
  • For IMG 3765, I can make out most of the information but the very top line is damaged by age – what does this say?  Can you send me a picture of better example of this plate? 

If you can assist, or point in the right direction  – the help is greatly appreciated.  I'm becoming a little despondent with the lack of insight available out there for these old cars. 

Regards

jake

• Can't help on the body tag as that is totally different from what is on my older Mopar.
  • Again, can't help.
  • This is a pretty standard manufacturer's identification. For Plymouth they are being reproduced and I suspect the same for your Chrysler. You should check with the WPC club or another club that specialized on Chrysler, they'll either have one in the club store or have information about a vendor for a new one.
  • This is the standard serial number tag used on all Chrysler Corp. cars from about 1930 through most of the 1950s. Again, they are being reproduced. A quick search did not come up with a Mopar specific version but it looks very much like the one at https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATA-PLATE-ENGRAVED-SERIAL-NUMBER-PLATE-DATA-IDENTIFICATION-VEHICLE-ID-TAG-VIN/222518278849 Again, a Chrysler/Mopar specific club should help you find the exact match.