transmission shift lever/parking brake floor seal, 1928 standard

When my 1928 Standard was restored 30 years ago the person doing the work must have run out of ideas when it came to replacing the transmission/parking brake draft seal at the floor.  Can someone tell me what the seal should look like?  Can someone send me a photo of an original.  I tried looking it up in my parts book but was unable to find any information.  Any help appreciated.

• 1 month later...

If you goto Steele Rubber Products website and request a free catalog they will send you a custom catalog that’s just the products for YOUR car!!!  Even has a label on the front of the catalog that it’s for YOU w YOUR name and YOUR car make and model!!

These floor seals are a tricky to get right.  I think they originally were leather in some places and felt in others.  I know Ford used Felt for the brake and clutch pedals.  The felt is not super durable, and the felt needs to be pretty stiff.  Felt comes in different grades.  I do not know what grade of felt should be used.  Leather is the same way.   It has to move out of the way, but have some stiffness to cover the hole.  

I used 1/16" thick rubber on the parking brake and starter pedal opening.  Rubber does have a tendency to tear, so reinforced rubber is a little better for this application.  You can get 12' x 12" squares on ebay and other sites.   I may even try with leather later, but I need to find the right leather. 

I used tool box liner pad for the brake and clutch pedals.  This seems pretty durable and did a pretty good job of sealing the gap and keeping air out of my pant leg.  If I pull this off, spraying the face of the liner with flat black primer or paint would cut some of the gloss and make it look a little more authentic as well.     

Any photos or thoughts from others is appreciated.    Hugh

IMG_8790.JPG

IMG_8794.JPG

IMG_8793.JPG

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)