straight 8 fuel filter lid needed

Pete Phillips

Does anyone have a spare fuel filter housing for a 1946-49 straight eight? I have the glass bowl and filter element, but need the lid with the attachment that tightens down the glass bowl. Photo shows the wrong kind, with in and out too close. I need the kind that the fuel line goes in at one end and goes out the other end, and has the hold-down for the glass bowl.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

IMG_6003.JPG

Anything like this one?

image.png.1d88e6902fb2c65bdf0cf8a23bc85ad9.png

It's from Summit Racing.  But the price is high.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dck-1090/overview/

I've seen many like this at swap meets but don't have any on hand.

There must be more openings or special configuration?

Bill

Edited by wmsue (see edit history)

Pete, Bob's has a complete inline AC strainer with an accordian filter, GF-406. It is a repro.

My 49 Super has an inline CARbureTER fuel strainer. (See attached photo.) I believe it to be original. Yet the carb is a Stromberg. Parts bin. Hmm.

I do need to straighten up the strainer and repaint the cap in red. (Can anyone recommend the proper Red shade?) Bob

IMG_20191107_182409147.jpg

Yes, that's it, both the one from Summit and the one in the photo above. I guess I'll get the reproduction one from Bob's since it is cheaper than the Summit one. Been a Bob's customer for years but never saw that in their catalogue; now that I looked for it, I found it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dang Pete. I wish I'd read this before you bought the one from Summit. I have a box of these, different types, glass bowls, etc. including one AC unit I've had since I owned my Sedanet, now gone. Oh well. I would have sold it to you for next to nothing, postage and a few bucks. Next time!