'46-'48 Ford Mercury Sportsman Convertible Question

97volvoman

I recently acquired a mint-in-the-original box convertible top from a auto trim shop that was ordered for a customer who never showed up to have it installed.  It is darker red in color in Haartz pin-point vinyl.  Top was manufactured by CROWN in Ohio and I believe this top is correct for 1941-1948 convertibles.  Does anyone know if this red in color was available then?  It's very attractive.  Has the plastic rear window.  If someone can use it it can be had very inexpensively for $175.00 plus shipping of about $25.00

As quoted from the book, Famous Ford Woodies, by Lorin Sorensen, for the Sportsman, "Canvas top material is optional Black or Drab Tan", "red piping on the '46 top, piping to match top on '47-'48". In the '41-'48 book offered by the V-8 Club, for the convertible, "During the entire period, Ford offered only two choices of top material: Drab colored or Black, both having a light tan inner lining. I don't think your top would be correct for ether the Sportsman or Convertible but someone not building a car for judging would jump at your offer.