Crazyfamily

Great movie for classic cars....

Just watched “The Highwaymen” again, a good movie about the hunt for the infamous Bonnie and Clyde but move so, it features a lot of prewar classic cars in it!  It is on Netflix....

• Like 2

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Looked at Bullitt and besides Steve McQueen's Mustang there are lots of 40s - 60s cars shown on the streets of San Francisco.

Edited by M1842 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

And one VW he roars by several times. He turns the corner in one part of town and ends up in another. If you know SF the continuity of the chase edits are hilarious.

For a great movie featuring some vintage Buicks, watch Humphrey Bogart in "They Drive by Night"

Also, "All Through the Night," with Bogart.  Lots of late 1930s and early 1940s Buick Limiteds and other Buicks. Both movies came from Warner Brothers.

Watched the movie  “1922”  which is based off a Stephen King book, great movie cars of the 1920’s in it too!!

i might add, not a great movie but it’s on Netflix currently.

Edited by Crazyfamily (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Crazyfamily said:

Watched the movie  “1922”  which is based off a Stephen King book, great movie cars of the 1920’s in it too!!

i might add, not a great movie but it’s on Netflix currently.

Any sign of a blue 1924 Cadillac Touring in that movie,  in a farmhouse scene?  I drove a friend's car on the set one day - had to show Neil McDonough how to start it and move it down the driveway.

6 hours ago, PFindlay said:

Any sign of a blue 1924 Cadillac Touring in that movie,  in a farmhouse scene?  I drove a friend's car on the set one day - had to show Neil McDonough how to start it and move it down the driveway.

This one?  

699D12F5-23AB-44E7-ADC3-67E22831873B.jpeg

5 hours ago, Crazyfamily said:

This one?

Yes, that's it.  Thanks.  I'm not a Netflix guy but maybe I'll see it someday.  Peter

• Like 1

Here's a poor-quality still from "All Through the Night," with Bogart walking down a street lined with 1939 and 1940 Buick Limiteds. Nice cars! In the movie, Bogart is driven around in a 1941 Limited. Otherwise, the movie is loaded with other Buicks, including a B-roll scene of Limiteds racing around Central Park.

IMG_20191119_214053909.jpg

Edited by BuickBob49 (see edit history)

Its a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart has a lot of 20s, 30s, and 40s vintage  cars/trucks throughout.

Edited by M1842 (see edit history)