1904 Cadillac, Model B, RET

Original 1904 B Rear Entrance Tonneau. I have a copy of the build sheet from the Cadillac Motor Car Company and the auto was shipped on 6-13-04 to the Theo. Jonas dealership in Milwaukee, WI.. The motor number, model number, selden patent number, body style, and rear axel ratio all match the specifications. The auto is not 100% complete, it does need a steering wheel, wheels need rebuilding with new tires, wiring, coil, wood body repair, interior (some there for patterns), drive chain, basically a total restoration is needed. The engine is free but never run. This auto has been in storage since the late 1970's and is pretty much like I bought it in 1973. I have all four fenders (not shown on photos). Auto is located in Bloomington, MN. Not listing on E-$$$, Craigslist, HCCA or the ECG at this time. Thanks

Asking $38,000

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Charley. 

And yes Ben, it was up for sale in the past and overseas deals did not pan out. So I backed off twice. Lesson learned. Values have been all over the place in the last few years so I thought that I would try it again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ben Perfitt said:

The selling process is not for everyone.

I owned a Studebaker for just over 30 years. About 25 yrs. ago I put a price on it and advertised it in SDC’s ‘Turning Wheels’. Some people came out, kicked the tires, criticized it (trying to talk down the price without even making an offer). I found that so uncomfortable I canceled the ad and hid the car behind my dad’s barn.

Man, you hit the nail on the head...

Nothing so uncomfortable for me as having spent years working on a car only to have complete strangers show up and pick it apart while doing you the "favor" of trying to take it off you hands. Somehow they get it in their head they know the car better than the guy who owns it. I no longer sell vehicles either Ben, not worth the hassle for me on the lower end of the car spectrum...

• Like 2

Thanks for all of the comments.

I did not want to air past experiences concerning sales or negotiations that went wrong, I intend to present a fair price and accurate description for a rare auto that needs a new home. In my research, the London to Brighton verification process is very costly and frankly, I was not interested in their process. I did the documentation state side. The price is what it is, based on the last 10 years of comments, both good and bad. I am open to constructive criticism, and I will answer all questions as accurately as possible. If I somehow offended some people in the past, I apologize. It is a different world out there, but we have the best hobby site on earth.

Thanks again 

Hi,

I am interested in your 1904 Cadillac ,I am the HCCA club and the EFR and I am windering if you could send me some more photos and if you coukd tell me anymore about the Cadillac. could you send me your email address so that I cold talk to you personally on this matter

• 2 years later...

would you be willing to tell me who he sold his car to as I just bought a very similar car number 4818 which also came from Jonas in Milwaukee. Mine is in parts and needs complete restoration so I would like to connect with the purchaser of your car.

• Like 1