Auction Huntington, New York (Long Island)

Antique car and parts auction

Sunday, November 24 11:00 a.m. preview at 10:00 a.m.

Home of Les Cutting, a collection of over 60 years, brass and other early parts from lesser known makes. Some T coil boxes, exhausts, wheels, one T block. Model A rims, starters, tires and trannys. Many head gaskets, hub caps, radiator caps, rims and wheels, hardware. 100s of spark plugs and bulbs. Magnetos, coils, valves and rings. Many NY plates from teens to 60s, some pairs. Many heads. No sheet metal. Some signs and displays. Cars for sale Dort and Falcon Night. He owned a repair shop, antique shop and junk yard.

Coffee, cake, soda and hot dogs available.

34 Hillcrest St.

Huntington, NY

Six miles North of LIE, turn West off New York Ave (Route 110) at Reinwald's Bakery, one mile North of the Long Island Rail Road, South of the village

More info: cash only.

The family is looking to clear out the stuff and get back the use of the basement, garage and storage building. The more valuable and unique items he sold when he was still able to. There are a number of very good items and some junk. The auctioneer is not a car/part person, but some one who knows values will be assisting him. They would like to see the stuff go to people who can use it and bring in a few $$$. Come see for yourself.

Well, it's over. Just about everything sold. Some stuff cheap, some stuff for the right money and some at good prices. The Dort went for $4800, Renault for $6200, and Falcon Knight for $5500. 1937hd45 aka Bob was a big buyer. He told me of meeting Les at the Reinbeck, NY show and flea market in 1970 and buying from him. At one point I asked how much he had spent (I was keeping the record) and he replied he did not know but he was having a lot of fun. We had folks from Pa, upstate NY, NJ, Conn.

Sal, Thank you for the original notice about this auction, if it wasn't for you and the DF I never would have known about it. They were nice enough to tell me what I did spend before I loaded up everything. Whenever someones life time collection is sold it gives you time to reflect on that person. I didn't know Les Cutting as well as some others on this form, but he made an impression on me the first time I met him. I thought it was nice to see that 10-12 year old kid bidding and winning at the auction. There will be a lot of cars and automobila collections with some of the bits Les collected and saved all these years.

The Renault was a 6CV type N,nice disk wheels. Wally McCarthy made the 2 seater boattail body for it but it needed an interior plus a water jacket cover and brake shoe were lost. It came from a farm near Greenport LI and originally had a touring body,I remember Les driving it 20 years ago at 15 mph trailing dense blue smoke.