4 note horns

RIVNIK

I'm considering adding a set of trumpets to my '65. Anyone sitting on a set they want to sell? Price could be an obstacle as my CFO(wife) has me on a short leash, but I'd like to at least get a idea of what kind of request I need to submit for approval. Ideally a working set that needs cosmetic restoration. Thanks.   Drew

49 minutes ago, RIVNIK said:

I'm considering adding a set of trumpets to my '65. Anyone sitting on a set they want to sell? Price could be an obstacle as my CFO(wife) has me on a short leash, but I'd like to at least get a idea of what kind of request I need to submit for approval. Ideally a working set that needs cosmetic restoration. Thanks.   Drew

Look in the classifieds of the Riview for an ad from Steve Lorenzen.  I've seen pictures of his shelf stock and there are a few pairs of horns in those pictures.

Go to the ROA website and look for the Other Interesting Links title.  Click on it.  Open the 1963 - 65 Tech Tips.  Chip's Tips has a link to restoring 4 note horns. In that article he lists the proper part numbers for each of the three years. Each year had different lengths and different musical notes. Be sure to get the proper brackets.  Jim Cannon has info on the auxiliary wiring harness you'll need.

Ed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RivNut said:

Look in the classifieds of the Riview for an ad from Steve Lorenzen.  I've seen pictures of his shelf stock and there are a few pairs of horns in those pictures.

Go to the ROA website and look for the Other Interesting Links title.  Click on it.  Open the 1963 - 65 Tech Tips.  Chip's Tips has a link to restoring 4 note horns. In that article he lists the proper part numbers for each of the three years. Each year had different lengths and different musical notes. Be sure to get the proper brackets.  Jim Cannon has info on the auxiliary wiring harness you'll need.

Ed

I agree with Ed. Steve is a go to guy for any number of items. As Ed said there are different horns for different years, so make sure you are getting the correct horns for your year. These work in conjunction with your existing horns. I got a correct completely refurbished set from Steve for my 63 complete with brackets and wiring. They sound awesome. A completely refurbished set will not be cheap. I'm sure you can find them from many sources and in varying conditions and prices. A cool and fun add on worth doing.

Bill

IMG_2767.JPG

63 Horn 2.JPG

• Like 2