Selim

Starter problem Buick super 1949

Call or email Kanter and ask what parts were changed then compare the description of what is on your car..I don’t know if anyone on the forum would know what front end parts were changed.What is the car identification number on registration and title?

I can’t figure out the number clearly ? Especially the digit after 15? Can anyone help identify the number please?

thanks 

1DF87D83-D9DA-4BDF-8768-F3105AD7006D.jpeg

6B28C4D8-5225-468E-B560-EC4AD154F160.jpeg

Thanks guys 🙏🙏🙏🙏

don’t know what to do without your help👍👍👍👍

I had problems one time when I brought my 1949 Super in from one state to another to be registered. The inspector said that the number on the out-of-state title, 15188158, didn't match the frame plate on the car, 15I88I58. After a short discussion, he finally agreed that they matched.

RE the starter solenoid.    Bobs Automobilia  will not knowingly sell or accept as a core for rebuilding a 6V starter solenoid that has been used on a 12V system.   Also there is only 1 12V starter solenoid  that I am aware of that has the correct footprint to bolt to a I8 starter for a Buick.  It was used on some tanks during  WWII.   I have never seen one.