AUBURN ENGINE????

VintageRacingCar

With the ruler on it, I agree.....is bigger than it appeared in the first photo. At that length it could easily be 420 cid. 👍

1 hour ago, Bud Tierney said:

Gasket catalogs list a Lyc 8 AE-AEC-AED=AEF 33/4x43/4, and listed with it is UE-UED Marine, same b/s...looks like the marine versions have some ot their own  part numbers, UE-, as surmised above (AE- for the others, some apparently shared) ...

WOW...Great info Bud...THank you very much.

It probably is an AE series motor marine version. 420 CI. I owned two of them with dual plug heads in American Lagrange fire trucks. Nothing repeat nothing interchanges with a Duesenberg engine tho same CI.  I restored a Duesenberg from scratch and bought the motors to compare to a Duesenberg. Just a large slow moving flathead from lycoming. Made in late 1930s. George Albright Ocala fla. ps those are correct gaskets for this motor 

4 minutes ago, George Albright said:

It probably is an AE series motor marine version. 420 CI. I owned two of them with dual plug heads in American Lagrange fire trucks. Nothing repeat nothing interchanges with a Duesenberg engine tho same CI.  I restored a Duesenberg from scratch and bought the motors to compare to a Duesenberg. Just a large slow moving flathead from lycoming. Made in late 1930s. George Albright Ocala fla. ps those are correct gaskets for this motor 

Oh...You killed my illusion..ehehhe...
Thank you for the info...