1911 Brass Grease Gun, I.D. success, John Dickens

Ric Dean

I can’t answer about the gun, but PAT is an American patented item, I’m pretty sure that Europe used REG for Registered...

I would venture that the gun might have been advertised for automotive use, but it was made to pump grease into anything with a cup which included a lot of machinery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

I can’t answer about the gun, but PAT is an American patented item, I’m pretty sure that Europe used REG for Registered...

I would venture that the gun might have been advertised for automotive use, but it was made to pump grease into anything with a cup which included a lot of machinery. 

Good point , hadn't thought that one out on my own.

Always learning.

• Like 1

I found a catalogue photo of the one I have --easier than trying to find mine-- and that is very similar to yours, it even lists its length as 15". It also says that it's a grease gun as well, which I wouldn't have thought. This one was listed in the Stevens tool catalogue; they made a lot of specific service tools for Model T Fords for dealers and garages.

gun.jpg

Edited by Craig Gillingham (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 11:30 PM, Craig Gillingham said:

I found a catalogue photo of the one I have --easier than trying to find mine-- and that is very similar to yours, it even lists its length as 15". It also says that it's a grease gun as well, which I wouldn't have thought. This one was listed in the Stevens tool catalogue; they made a lot of specific service tools for Model T Fords for dealers and garages.

… I did an internet search under ‘Stevens tool catalogue’ and ‘Pioneer Oil and Grease Gun’ do you have any Form or Catalog I.D. numbers to share. I see the ‘John Dickens Product’ was maid under other names. Thanks for your help.