1931 DeSoto SA Six Four-Door Sedan

All - I'm running out of space and need more room for rest of my collection. For sale is my 1931 DeSoto Four Door Standard Sedan. I bought it in 1970 from the original owner, a country preacher in Wisconsin. Drove it in college and ran excellently. Not a chick car. Was last driven in 1984 and then parked. Here are details;

a. 33,000 original miles

b. body and engine in excellent shape, but not restored. Rolls around and engine turns well. 

c. always kept in heated garage.

d. extra parts go with it.

e. price $9,300 firm

f. located in Birmingham, Michigan.

Contact me by text at ronaldhausmann@yahoo.com or call at 313-510-8463.

Thank you. Ron Hausmann

IMG_1688 [118313].JPG

IMG_1695 [139669].JPG

IMG_1692 [139668].JPG

7 hours ago, marcapra said:

what is stopping this DeSoto from running?  A battery?  

matcapra - last was run in 1984. But I have no doubt that it would run again easily with a battery, fresh gas, fresh oil, and checking the valves. It’s been in a heated shop or garage since 1984 and standing by. It ran great when I was driving it, but today it just doesn’t fit with my 1920’s and Kissel Kars. Hope it finds a good home.

Ron Hausmann

7 hours ago, marcapra said:

what is stopping this DeSoto from running?  A battery?  

matcapra - last was run in 1984. But I have no doubt that it would run again easily with a battery, fresh gas, fresh oil, and checking the valves. It’s been in a heated shop or garage since 1984 and standing by. It ran great when I was driving it, but today it just doesn’t fit with my 1920’s and Kissel Kars. Hope it finds a good home.

Ron Hausmann

Beautiful condition this car... I soooo much want a car like this, to get running again and to drive as my primary driver... on these rural two lane, no traffic, country roads... sitting in that couch like, comfortable seat,.. listening to the engine hum. and stepping back in time to a much slower pace of life... where there is no hurry ..... and the trip, the journey,  itself is the reward... not arriving at your destination.     With a car like this, every ride is a 'Joy' ride..... simple pleasures...                                                              If I can sell my 1930 pickup;  https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/tyrone-1930-model-ford-4x4-pickup/7006881866.html .  I will be contacting you about becoming the next caretaker of this beautiful automobile... Thank you for holding it and preserving it for someone to care for and to continue enjoy ............ Like me....  

Edited by sunnybaba (see edit history)
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

If you have collector car insurance and cancel your collision insurance for the winter,  for what I pay atleast,  you are pinching pennies way too hard. 

You don't have to tell me.  I once cancelled my collision insurance on my 2005 Chrysler Town and Country van to save $300 lousy dollars, only to have an at fault accident in Las Vegas that cost me $6000 to repair.  Of course, I cancelled the collision because I never have accidents.  I've had collision insurance ever since.  

1 hour ago, just me said:

Ron, that's one very nice car! Even with all the critics on this forum. They can't find fault. 

Charley

If I was only rich instead of good lookin'....I would DEFINITELY own that DeSoto.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mercer09 said:

If I was only rich instead of good lookin'....I would DEFINITELY own that DeSoto.

show us a photo, so we can make a determination......................

See....I need LOTS more money. You decide....

Picture 2838.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dc-8dave said:

Hello John,

I am not trying to pick a fight but that gas cap is from a 1933 DeSoto, not a 32 or a 31. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Dave,

I certainly have no way to prove that it is for a 1931 or other. I guess I was going by all of the 1930-33 DeSotos I have seen in my days. Could very well be that the items I saw were misplaced. I don't believe I have ever seen one on a 1933, but they are easily lost. I thank you for the lesson as I hate to misdirect anyone to the wrong part for their car.

51 minutes ago, ron hausmann said:

What type of radiator cap should the 1931 have.??? A chromed double-wing cap or Hernan Desoto with a sword. Mine seems to have one of each.

ron hausmann 

The feathered cap was the stock 1931 cap. Hernando was the accessory upgrade. I have an extra feathered cap, too.

post-37352-143139322004.jpg

1 hour ago, ron hausmann said:

I wish my car for sale got as much action as the gas cap.

Ron

Sorry for the hijack, Ron. I HAVE been telling a lot of folks about the car, so maybe that will stir up a buyer.

Thanks John for your talk on gas caps.  I never knew gas caps could be so cool!  I also love that cool Hernando radiator cap.  Never knew Hernando DeSoto had wings!  Ron, why don't you include some pics of the interior of that DeSoto.  At a dim glance from outside, it looks to be a nice interior!  Also, what the heck is a Kissel car?  Never heard of it.  

Edited by marcapra (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Who put this picture of Leonardo DiCaprio up here?  Anyway, put up some more pics of the 29 DeSoto.  And I have to say that 32 DeSoto wheel and gas cap are awesome Art Deco pieces!  But 32-33 Mopars seem to be in short supply!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1