Looking for Radiator Cap

Crazyfamily

I don’t seem to have any luck in the want to buy section so thought I’d post here too....

I am looking for a radiator cap for my ‘27 Buick, it can be nickel, it can be chrome, it can be brass (I prefer brass actually)!

it can be drilled for a Motometer or not, I will be drilling it if isn’t already drilled.

If anyone has a radiator cap or knows of one please let me know.

I want a plain cap as I will be installing the brass wings on it and a Motometer.

thanks in advance....

william 

• 3 weeks later...

When they are male (external threads) it should be easy to count them and of course I NEED the diameter.  If I am going out in the garage to look for a cap I need TPI (threadsper inch) and diameter.  You need/want a cap, I need the information.

25 minutes ago, Tinindian said:

When they are male (external threads) it should be easy to count them and of course I NEED the diameter.  If I am going out in the garage to look for a cap I need TPI (threadsper inch) and diameter.  You need/want a cap, I need the information.

Ok I’ll run up to the car this evening and get the info, I appreciate it very much!

william 

Buick radiator top nozzles are 16 threads per inch.  

The radiator caps come in 2 sizes

earlier + 1921-22-23 4 & 6 cyl, 1925 Std

These are 2.02" across in the cap

1924 6 cyl, 1925 Master, 1926-27-28 6 cyl   These are 2.312" across inside the cap.  

These are a little hard to measure if the motometer base is sticking thru, but you should be able to measure it with a dial or digital micrometer.  

There are some new US made 2" dogbone radiator caps, but they are the wrong thread pitch.  

Hugh

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hubert_25-25 said:

Buick radiator top nozzles are 16 threads per inch.  

The radiator caps come in 2 sizes

earlier + 1921-22-23 4 & 6 cyl, 1925 Std

These are 2.02" across in the cap

1924 6 cyl, 1925 Master, 1926-27-28 6 cyl   These are 2.312" across inside the cap.  

These are a little hard to measure if the motometer base is sticking thru, but you should be able to measure it with a dial or digital micrometer.  

The new caps that are available are the wrong thread pitch.  

Hugh

What about the reproductions from here? 

http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/buick.htm

• Like 1

Don, 

These are likely correct.   Vintage and Classic Reproductions have nice stuff and do nice work.  I have been seeing another person selling dogbone caps in the US that are not correct for Buick.   Wrong thread pitch.  Let  me restate what I wrote above.  

Hugh 

• Like 1