Duplicate Key Blanks for a 1935 Buick Special

Gentlemen,

I just bought a 1935 Buick Special 46C.  It's a beautiful car.  But I only have one set of keys and want to make

a spare set.  The local hardware store guys look at me with crossed eyes when I ask for a key blank for a car 

this old.  Does anyone have any suggestions for finding key blanks for this car.  

Thanks in advance.

John P.

Interesting, as 1935 is the first year for the famous Briggs and Stratton B-10 blank series. I guess yours is a hold over from the previous year.

• 1 month later...

Terry, those are the standard B-10 and B-11 blanks that were used on GM cars from 1935 to 1966. In 1967 the letter series started (A, B, C, etc, which were B-40, B-41, B-42, B-43, B-44, etc)

The pictures posted are double sided keys, which are very different than the B-10, 11, 40, 41 etc,  that are all single sided keys. 

The difference between the ignition and trunk keys is in the head design, not the keyway design, so you would know which was the ignition key and which one is the trunk key. If they were not shaped different, then you would be trying keys until one worked every time. That would be lots of customer complaints!😨

• 1 month later...