Restorer32

1931 V-16

V-16.thumb.jpg.745e9d3b2e32bb6031df0e63db0fc035.jpg362474194_V-162.thumb.jpg.18a6c0237c04d294a23a96c1ee90d09c.jpg45068447_V-163.thumb.jpg.75bf7516b6cdf14c806deea7e2ed20bb.jpgPosting for an elderly friend.

1931 V-16 Limo. Excellent driving condition. The original interior is virtually new. Someone,  likely in the 1960's,  covered the interior including carpet and door panels with that heavy clear plastic popular at the time to cover sofas and chairs. The exterior paint is literally falling off the car.  9990 miles.  Good title.  The original Double White tires are still in the sidemounts.  Trunk and fitted luggage is in great shape.  He is asking $185k.  Additional pics and info on request.

V-16 #3.jpg

• Like 4

More pics to follow. Belongs to an elderly gentleman who is trying to down size. All offers considered. 

very cool!

wow, v 16............... the best of the caddys. must have belonged to a very wealthy family for that low mileage.

Be still my heart! This is fabulous.  I think I'm going to play the lottery tonight. I doubt this will last long. 

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong but I do not think the trunk belongs to that car to be original. It looks to in be nice condition complete with luggage and that is rare to see.

The trunk came with the car but no idea if it belongs to this car.  Even the intercom from passenger to chauffeur works. The paint is right on the borderline between repaint or preserve.

If it were mine I would leave it as it is but it would be a relatively easy restoration if someone wanted to go that way.

Limo?   Trying to identify the exact body style.  

Seems to have a (matching) cloth front seat.  Is there a divider window? 

26 minutes ago, m-mman said:

Limo?   Trying to identify the exact body style.  

Seems to have a (matching) cloth front seat.  Is there a divider window? 

Model 4355-S Imperial Cabriolet.

14 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

The trunk came with the car but no idea if it belongs to this car.  Even the intercom from passenger to chauffeur works. The paint is right on the borderline between repaint or preserve.

Cadillac offered a variety of trunks for 1930 - this one is not a higher end metal trunk, but nice trunk nevertheless. 

It was in the Dragone tent at Hershey but is owned by an older fellow from the DC area.  Currently it is at our shop. It had not been run in a while but fired right up and runs well.  Wish it were mine.  It was the subject of an Automobile Quarterly article in,  I believe,  the '70's.  We do not buy and sell cars but agreed to post this for our long time friend and customer.  Hopefully it finds an appreciative new owner/caretaker. 

• Like 6

Looks like a great car. Recently several low mileage early V-16 have hit the market. The decent ones don’t seem to last long........the ones that have issues tend to sit for sale quite a while until the price drops. A good early 16 is a fun car to drive.......but they can be a bit of a handful for many people......NOT recommended for the beginner in the hobby. With a high speed rear they are very very drivable even on modern highways. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Anyone?

That kind of money doesn't live here, Jeff. You know that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of us,  including myself are just day dreamers at big dollar stuff.   Regardless of the car,  there just aren't a pile of guys that can lay out six figures for a car that is just a toy and interested in old iron like we are.  Probably even on many sites.   Also when you do finally break that 100G mark as a buyer,  there is a whole lot of options to pick from so it's a little harder to pull that 100G plus from our old tight fingers. I know I agonized over a 22G car at Hershey for 3 days until it finally thankfully sold, because I know there are other shiny things that will equally grab my attention and maybe an even better deal will come along that will leave me with some pocket change to get another car or improve upon what i bought.  Got home and did end up buying a car out of Hemmings for even less and it's a conv't though a different car on my bucket list. 

Should be here today. 

This is a great car,  just as everyone knows a small segment that would be a potential serious buyer. 

13 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Most of us,  including myself are just day dreamers at big dollar stuff.   Regardless of the car,  there just aren't a pile of guys that can lay out six figures for a car that is just a toy and interested in old iron like we are.  Probably even on many sites.   Also when you do finally break that 100G mark as a buyer,  there is a whole lot of options to pick from so it's a little harder to pull that 100G plus from our old tight fingers. I know I agonized over a 22G car at Hershey for 3 days until it finally thankfully sold, because I know there are other shiny things that will equally grab my attention and maybe an even better deal will come along that will leave me with some pocket change to get another car or improve upon what i bought.  Got home and did end up buying a car out of Hemmings for even less and it's a conv't though a different car on my bucket list. 

Should be here today. 

This is a great car,  just as everyone knows a small segment that would be a potential serious buyer. 

When do we get to see the car you purchased?

Well I want to see it first.  I bought it sight unseen.  Then I'll give you all an update.  Nothing terribly exciting in the realm of old cars. Not a grand old Classic with a custom body,  Just something on my bucket list.  It's actually something you might give a nod to.

Just a hint,  it's post war :(  but open :) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Just a hint,  it's post war :(  but open :) 

53 Skylark?   53 Caribbean?  RAIV GTO convertible?