For Sale 1914 Ford T Touring  Chassis and motor restored nicely sheet metal and upholstery original. This is not a build up car. It has the correct brass, speedometer , generator. It has a twin wishbone front axle and rocky mountain brakes. It runs well on battery and mag. It is a very original car, Last registered in Wisconsin in 1933. call or email for pictures and price.  Jim Williams  801-694-9828  ewilliam01@msn.com

after taking a look over on the Model T forums and finding about a half dozen 1914 Tourings, all but one was a restored, (and it is a nearly finished) they ranged in price from the low teens to a high of $18,000.00, and might add none have sold in the last 3 months, so, what would be a fair offer? $7 or 8K be fair, given the market of nice unsold '14's

I do think this one is an honest Model T, sadly, Model T's do seem to be a pennies on the dollar investment, but the smiles per mile are priceless

Edited by j m davis phd (see edit history)

I think 12K is a great deal for an authentic 1914 T that is ready to drive. In our area, it is about 5K to properly restore a Model T engine and transmission assembly. Rocky Mountain brakes are about 1K, the carbide generator and set of five lamps are worth at least 1,500.00 etc etc. Look at the embossings on the pedals-you can tell this is a low mileage, unworn old car. This car will get you right into a HCCA tour and will attract more attention than a restored example.

Also, having just purchased a significant, large HP car from Jim/Salt Flats Garage for a customer, I can tell you that Jim is a GREAT person to deal with and you can purchase a car from him with confidence.

This car will sell soon.

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)
  • Like 1

DAH...

it is not about restoring this Model T, but rather enjoying it, as is, maybe get some more of the very fashionable burlap to finish the top and seats, would make a great ride and never ever have to think about scratching the paint or ???? bullet proof enjoyment, and a ton of smiles per miles

The only car in the world that gets more abuse and poor workmanship than a Model J Duesenberg is a pre 1916 Ford T. The car sure looks nice, and the price is correct for today’s market. Lots of fun for half the cost of my lawn mower. Someone will be happy with the purchase.