1992 Cutlass Convertible

I just purchased this car from my brother's estate. Looking for any information about this car? Were there other GM clones of this made? Any thoughts/info?

1992 Cutlass Supreme convertible, white with red leather interior, 102,000 miles, very good condition.

Thanks,

Ron

dhtwalden@yahoo.com

Not sure what you need but this was not a "clone" vehicle. It actually was done "second-stage", which means GM built the coupe and then shipped it out to a converter who made it into a convert. I forgot the name of the group that did it but I visited the place several times reviewing water leak issues. Try to pick up a Product Information book, which is a large vinyl binder that will have everything in for 1992 including a section for the convertible. They generally sell for $25-40.

I think ASC did these, but I'm not sure. The basic problem was that the car was designed as a monocoque closed car, and the chop job had rigidity problems. That's why the hideous "basket handle" was there.

Actually the basket handle was there because that is where the handle for the coupe was...it was not in the door! The bar accross the top did very little in providing any strength to the body and factory folks had a heart attack if you would call it a roll bar! The biggest problem we had with those cars, however, was the leaks. I do not know how many revisions were made to the top but there were a lot. A bunch of these cars ended being bought back by the factory due to this problem. I'd stll like to own a nice one...they look great sitting still!