'UpGraded' 1930 Model A Pickup

Custom Built, 1930 Model A 4X4  extended cab Pick up truck....  It is Not a Hot rod and Not a Rat rod.... It is a practical... daily driver, Vintage 4X4 truck.... 

If you are a 'Big man', and do not want to be squeezed into a Model A pickup cab.... and you want to drive your vintage pickup all winter long, on Snowy & Icy roads..... and you feel safer, being able to keep up with the other cars on the road.... and you want to be warm and comfortable on those long drives.... You might like the looks and feel of this 4X4 model A pickup....         Located in southern New Mexico     I am willing to pay for one haft your shipping costs.

I boxed and extended, the frame to be able to mount the 1930 body, which came from a model 170-B 'Blind back' 4 door sedan, that was in Very poor condition, (beyond a practical restoration).    All the wooden frame work was rotten, So... I replaced it all with a custom formed, tubular steel framework. I wanted a pickup cab that had abundant leg room ( I'm 6' 4" 200 lbs.) So, I used the back of the sedan and 1/2 of the rear doors & windows to create a extended cab for the pickup. The entire cab and floor are sound proofed and insulated. All new, lightly tinted safety glass installed, with new window channels and regulators... The gas tank, that used to sit in your lap, was removed and a new steel dash with glove box and gauges from the 1983 Toyota 4X4, truck, installed. (pre-computer) New motor and transmission mounts created, and a removable transmission cross member bolted in and three other cross members welded into the lengthened frame.
It has a very low mileage 22R four cylinder engine (105 Hp) A new Weber carb, with manual choke, New 3 core aluminum Radiator installed (never over heats)... New heavy duty clutch/pressure plate, new fuel & water pumps,Timing chain kit, and new alternator & regulator, hoses & belts.... New 6 ply tires, New brake lines & radius rods installed All new leaf springs (front and rear), new coil over shocks (front & rear) spare tire mount installed under pickup bed in the back. rebuilt 5 speed tranny, where 5th gear acts as an overdrive, over 50 mph. The 4x4 is a solid front axle, with manual hubs.. and works perfectly. it has power brakes (disc in front, drum in rear) New rack & pinion steering.
The Body was welded, sanded, primed and painted with enamel paint, (Black fenders & dark forest green cab,hood and bed). New headlight lens, reflectors with halogen high & low beams, new tail/brake lights, with led turn signals front & rear. Very comfortable, adjustable, bucket seats, with seat belts. Good strong Heater with windshield defroster. Ahooga horn and new windshield wiper motor and blade. Clear title in my name, licensed & insured as my daily driver... Very dependable & easy to drive. Valued at $15,000 contact, Sunny   505-990-6008     sunnybabaspirit@yahoo.com      Located in New Mexico                                                          many more detailed photos upon request Thank you for taking the time to consider this Truck...
                             I will consider trades for a good running Original survivor, or older restoration....... 1929-1934 Sedan ...

DSC06471.JPG

DSC06470.JPG

DSC06472.JPG

DSC06484.JPG

DSC06477.JPG

DSC06475.JPG

DSC06473.JPG

DSC06482.JPG

DSC06483.JPG

DSC06481.JPG

DSC06480.JPG

DSC06497.JPG

DSC06479.JPG

DSC06485.JPG

DSC06486.JPG

DSC06456.JPG

DSC06464.JPG

DSC06469.JPG

DSC06465.JPG

DSC06106.JPG

Edited by sunnybaba (see edit history)

Jpage... HAMB will not accept my posting , because it is Not a Traditional Hot Rod... and it is not stock... I tried.       It doesn't fit in any category that I have heard of.... It is just a practical, 'vintage' looking pickup....... Easy to work on and easy to get parts for.... and fun to drive and spread the happiness & smiles.......😊

Here is another one... I built and sold 8 years ago ... same 4 cylinder engine, 4X4 and 5 speed.....  Second photo,  it is on a 2,000 mile trip pulling a Gypsy Wagon camper I built

DSC04742.JPG

idaho caravan 011.jpg