Tmirisola

1932 Plymouth Serial Number Question

I own a Clean Titled 1932 Plymouth Business Coupe. There is no Serial Number Tag on the Passenger Side Door Post. I've been told there is another Serial Number on the Frame. So, where do I start looking for the Frame Serial Number??? 

The State Vehicle Inspection Facility will need to see the Serial Number to Verify the Vehicle during the yearly inspection.

A picture of the location on the frame would be appreciated.

Thank You for your Help 🙂 

Tom M

Look on the driver's side of the frame between the front and rear spring mounts. Here is a 1933 DeSoto number....VERY faint, but there....

Picture 9096.jpg

That number looks more like an engine number as it starts with an SD. On my '33 Plymouth the engine number is stamped on the outside of the frame on the driver side between the running board supports.

If the paperwork uses the engine number (many states do/did) then you'll be okay. If the paperwork shows the actual serial number, which is different, then you may still have a problem.

• Like 1

You are correct. Sorry about that. Yes, that would be the engine number stamped on the frame.

Our 1925 Chrysler chassis has the number stamped on the far left rear corner of the frame. It would need to have the body removed to see it I think.