Radio Module (again.still)

This has been on various threads. Long story short (probably too late for that) I've managed to wrestle out the divers seat and am looking at the module under the console but it's

too tight to reach in to unplug the connectors, so I'm stuck on how to remove it.

Not to dwell on "woe be me", but my task is further complicated by being severely limited in mobility and due to the contortions necessary to get in at floor level I can only dedicate ten minutes or so to the project before having to take

an extended rest. Thus the thread lasting several days. In any case here is what I'm looking at.  Question: What and how do I remove next to get on with the job without damaging something?

image.jpeg

I don't remember, but the electrical connectors are fairly easy. You can see on the blue connector there is a tab. Just squeeze and lift up. The white is the same except with the tab on the other side of the connector.

There are also connections on the bottom side as well.

After you get the top connections off maybe you can see the nuts [10mm] that have to be removed to get the hold down bracket off.

Thanks to  repeated, patient advice the radio module is out, the new one in, and the sound is excellent.  It was, however, a miserable, knuckle-busting experience over several days in ten minute increments. Getting the connectors off was like trying to take a pork chop from a pit bull, and I have the scratches and bruises to prove it. All that's left is  replacing the seat. Glad to have it behind me as ten days from today I'll be having my third back surgery in as many years, and here's no way i could do this for quite a while.

Again, thanks.

21 hours ago, gr8scott said:

ten days from today I'll be having my third back surgery in as many years, and here's no way i could do this for quite a while.

Good luck on your back surgery.  I've been there; herniated disc between L2 and L3. Discectomy went great and after rehab I'm near normal.  I hope the future is the same for you.😋

Was quite a while ago but do not remember removing the seat on my 88. I do have small hands and long fingers.

ps don't forget that while the Reatta had the equalizer, not all other users had that. The standard radio in a Riviera (same design) was a non-equalizer (bass and treble sliders) unit. The BCM can detect/accommodate either.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)