WINDSHIELD WASHER PUMP DOESN’T CUT OFF

Va-67Skylark

I replaced my wiper motor with a Cardone 85120 Replacement. After this I discovered the washer fluid pump didn’t work. Replaced pump with an ANCO 6102. I also replaced the switch with a new switch from Cars Inc. The problem I now have is the pump will not turn off and spurts fluid as long as the wipers are running at low or high speed. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Check your switch to see if it's opening and closing the circuit. Im not familiar with your motor but it probably has some type of coordinator circuit that runs the wipers when you hit the washer switch. If the switch opens and closes, you might have to split the case of the motor and inspect to see what's in there. Could be as simple as writing a diode, or a broken spring. 

Well, solved the problem. There was a conflict between the tapped mounting holes on the Cardone 85120 Replacement wiper motor and the ANCO 6102 washer fluid pump. It appears the Cardone holes were off just a bit and would not allow the washer fluid pump to mount for proper alignment and allowed the cog to engage and let the pump spurt fluid. I drilled and tapped new holes and both now work as desired.  

• Like 7