RM auction Hershey results.....

alsfarms

23 hours ago, alsancle said:

Are you talking about the RM auction?   The outside tents are open to anyone to see the cars,  assuming you can find a parking spot at the Lodge.  As for the auction itself,  I don't think RM is in the business of providing entertainment to someone that isn't going to buy a car.

I  tried once . 1/2 mile or more walk to see the cars in tents. its an event for the wealthy

Edited by ted sweet (see edit history)

I'll jump in this discussion , its probably a mistake but i"ll take a chance..

Auctions are a major part of the automotive industry . Every dealer belongs to Auction access .. there is no other way to purchase used cars in quantity .

The factory sales are all auction based..   The fees , transport,  buy fees ect. add up! Most auction cars need something not all,but most do.

I add at least 1 k to every used car we purchase ... we sell all of our high millage cars at auction (mostly to buy/pay here dealers)

I have sold many vintage cars at auction, no complaints!   Pick the right venue and your expectations will be met..

Hershey is the place to sell prewar and other high end automobiles , Auburn is another.  Muscle cars,street rods,special interest cars all sell at the right auction.

Look, we all pay to advertise our cars anyway, we all deal with no-shows or picture collectors, that's fine too...I sell cars that way as well.

Always represent your car truthfully , most auction buyers truly know a good car and will pay a fair price and more if a bidding war erupts ..

Museum cars are never ,ever a good buy, nor are cars that have been in long term storage... professional buyers will either stay away or offer 30 cents on a dollar.

I am not (or  any other dealer i know) influenced or intimated  by the "pretty girls or whiskey" I will say that I have seen more " home owners " intoxicated and buy stupid than pros...  Keep this hobby fun, buy /sell smart and always  drive them as intended .. Let the people who inherit them worry about what they are worth !