Sign in to follow this  
avantey

1946 Glidden cars- Where are they today?

Here is a list of the 1946 cars and people that attended the first Revival Glidden Tour.  As we put together the 75th anniversary of the tour it would be fantastic to find some of these people and cars to maybe join the celebration.  Does anyone know the whereabouts of any of the cars, owners or drivers today.

I know the Grundy Agency has the actual car no.6 1909 Pierce Arrow in their lobby per their website.  Some of the names are well known in the hobby from that era into the '70's.  Any other leads would be appreciated.

1946 list- I think the whole list is brass cars!

636202758_1946Gliddenand1949Glidden-1.thumb.jpg.ed386a89e3367b5a549f801f85d615a8.jpg

1949 list- cars were a bit newer

409592283_1946Gliddenand1949Glidden-2.thumb.jpg.6e91477b0dde750846563f115c947ff8.jpg1367795457_1946Gliddenand1949Glidden-3.thumb.jpg.26d6aa1ba5f7bfe6ee328ff5323b4131.jpg

Thank you for any info,

Bill

The 1947 Glidden was featured in Antique Automobile 1947. My 1912 Ford was on the 1950 Glidden owned by Elmer Bemis from Brattleboro, Vt., I wonder if it was the Col. John F. Brown car on the 1947 Glidden? Just basing that guess on the offset top and fluted headlamp lens that are on the car today. Bob 

DSCF4531.JPG

DSCF4532.JPG

The Stanleys and Packards can be found by checking the on line rosters. Mercers and Simplexes can be found by looking at those rosters, which are not on line. Same is probably true of Rolls Royces and perhaps some others.

• Thanks 1

I have the program from the first year I went to HERSHEY, 1968 and there are over 220 Model A Fords listed, where are they? This year there were about a dozen Model A's, on the show field. Are they stashed away in garages? Did they all turn into hot rods. Sometime they just seem to disappear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In 1968 and much earlier, if you had a Model T to transport any distance for a show you got a rack body truck and found an outside grease lift. You raised the car up to the truck body, drove on. and found another grease rack when you got to the shoe. It's getting hard to find those outside grease lifts these days.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 60FlatTop said:

In 1968 and much earlier, if you had a Model T to transport any distance for a show you got a rack body truck and found an outside grease lift. You raised the car up to the truck body, drove on. and found another grease rack when you got to the shoe. It's getting hard to find those outside grease lifts these days.

I remember seeing two model A's hauled that way in 1969, they just backed up to an embankment put down some  2x12 ramps and rolled them off. Bob