Dave E

1954 Buick Special

Hello, I have a 1954 Buick Special with 3 speed on the column and the Trans Control Lever broke yesterday. I have called everywhere trying to locate one to no avail. Does anyone have any idea of where to look? I know I could change the whole column out but I am trying to keep the car original. The problem is they only made a few of these that were straight shift and every old parts place is saying "Good Luck". Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

20191001_162313.jpg

If you can send a private message with a photo of the area or broken part I prolly have that part. Thanx, Greg

22 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

If you can send a private message with a photo of the area or broken part I prolly have that part. Thanx, Greg

22 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

20191020_182954.jpg

20191022_141927.jpg

Easier to give it to a good welder than change out the column!!

I looked in my books hoping a Dynaflow lever would work, but no dice for me to help you.  54 conventional trans only - and '53 Super with CT as well.

Would one from a '55 Special work? There's a '55 Special with standard shift at Browne & Sons Salvage in Sunset, Texas. I can't remember if the shift lever is still with the car or not. I looked at it about two months ago while searching for 2-dr. moldings, and was astounded to see that the car was a standard shift (2-dr. hardtop '55 Special).

https://www.facebook.com/Browneautosalvage/posts/2480093128718962?notif_id=1566425960802323&notif_t=page_highlights

Pete Phillips

Leonard, Texas

• Like 1