1915 Model C-25 Condenser Wiring

21raceabout

Work is progressing on our 1915 C-25 project.  Ran into a question about the condenser on the Delco M.G.56 motor generator.  The original condenser was in tough shape and failed electrical tests. I was able to procure one similar (original P/N according to parts book was 10860, whereas replacement I acquired is 10861)  It looks like the replacement has a different wiring set-up compared to the original.  According to the original wiring diagram, one lead attaches to the timing contacts after the resistance unit (coiled wire shielded by metal cover) and the other lead goes to ground.  (Remnant of the original wire is still attached to the timing contacts in the photo).   The replacement condenser is wired directly to the resistance unit metal cover, although the wire actually being too short to reach.  The gound wire is also intact.  Thinking I need to remove the part of the wire with the metal cover attached and splice in a new wire to reach the timing contacts.  Anyone know exactly where the ground wire attaches? (under the upper left hand screw of the condenser unit?).  As always any comments or even photos much appreciated.

IMG_3433.JPG

Buick C25 Wiring Diagram.jpg

The condenser goes from ground to the one side of the points.  I am fairly sure that it goes from ground which is under the square condenser to the broken wire on your distributor. 

The condenser is shown on your schematic as the part with the two "U" interfacing with one side going to ground.