Buick plate, I'm puzzled, what is it?

29StudiePrez

I recently ran across this heavy metal/porcelain plate which appears to be crudely made (meaning the lines are not crisp and well defined) with a porcelain surface on both sides. It's a charcoal grey with blue and white emblem colors. What is it? Any clues? I'm stumped as to what the purpose was? Any thought or ideas. There were two and I picked up this ones for no real good reason ...lol. 

20191020_155559.jpg

Edited by 29StudiePrez
Typos (see edit history)

This is the front and back of an original unrestored rear Buick emblem that mounts on the rear tire carrier.  The holes are for the tail light.  2 small holes for mounting, and the wires thru the large hole.   The steel was painted gloss black.   Hugh

IMG_6688.thumb.JPG.1b4ce5f5dd0b15219eb8d4ce3c43dd9e.JPGIMG_6690.thumb.JPG.91a11efad283e6736fad85aa60c8556c.JPG

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Wait folks, stop the presses. I know what the rear light looks like, I have one on my 1924, the reason I put the Square next to this plate is because of the size of it, and to show how big it is, there is NO way this was used on a car for taillights ...lol. it's almost 9" tall and 6" wide. Because it is so oversized, I dont know what it could have been used for unless maybe an oversize store display for a taillight or something else? This is why I said I am stumped as to what is could be, this thing I's 5 times the size of a taillight plate.

Edited by 29StudiePrez
Typos (see edit history)