Car will not Start

awk409ak

Went out to the garage to move the Riviera and it will not start.  I did not see gas going in the carbs when pumped it by hand.  Pull fuel filter off, no fuel yet.  Turn key to see if pump would pump out fuel out the end of the filter hose.  No fuel.  I suspect it's the fuel pump.  I drove it Sunday morning for maybe 25 miles, no issues.

Any thoughts?

Art

New fuel pump installed and running again in my 64.

Followed Jim Cannon's tip on removing and replacing worked well. Got tip from an old thread.  Had to remove a short bracket that was in the way, but all worked out. Even did the string idea for the replacement of the hose.  Great little tip Jim!  I can repost it if someone need it.

One thing to add.  Most of you will know this, but thought I would mention it.  When you replace the inlet hose which is about 4-5 ft in length, don't forget that inside the coil spring housing where the hose runs is a hose clip that holds the hose away from the spring.  Make sure you snap the hose in the clip.  I was double checking mine and it was not in the clip, but is now.

Art

Edited by awk409ak (see edit history)
  • Like 2