1903 Cleveland Roadster project

As the health of the lathe left something to be desired, so did mine. Tuesday morning at 8:00 I went to the dentist for preparation of a crown for a molar, nothing special. Got home at 9:00, and at 12:00 felt not well at all. So went to bed, woke up at 15:00hr with high fever and felt really bad. Long story short at 20:00hr I was put in bed again, but this time at the hospital. Reason for this speedy action: in 2015 I got a biological aorta valve (I suffered from a defective hart valve). The cardiologist at the hospital suspected a beginning endocarditis. In between I was tested for Corona, turned out to be negative. Luckily my condition improved and I was released yesterday, a bit shaky but happy. A cause for the high fever could not be found. This was the third time I was prevented to start making bearings for the Cleveland engine. Mmm, maybe I displeased one of the car Spirits...

Regards,

Harm

Edited by Sloth (see edit history)
4 hours ago, Mike Macartney said:

Really pleased to read that you are back out of hospital. Good fun this getting old! What did you do to upset the dentist?!

Hello Mike,

I have really no idea what I did to upset the dentist. Payed the bills of my last visit on time, did not flirt with the female dental assistants 😉, did not discuss his tariffs, not even mentioned them 😇. Mmm, did not flirt, maybe.....

Regards,

Harm

PS

Getting old is nice, being old not so.

• Like 5

Hello Harm,

Good Gosh...you are scaring the "devil" out of me with all this talk of Hospital stay for doing a new crown!  I am half way through that very process.  The final stage to be next week.  Are you up and going at near full speed yet for the youngster you are?  Is the Cleveland on your personal radar yet?  Here is an off the wall question for you.  Do you know of any organization, that has WW1 military "stuff" as the main focus, in the Holland area?  We are firmly done with this garden and fruit year.  Last night we settled at 16 degree F and will be so for a couple more nights then back into the 60's.  On another update....we did a couple of days in marathon pressing apples into fresh apple cider.  My wife kept some fresh cider and bottled the rest for use this winter!   I think we ended up with about 15 gallons. 🙂

I hope this note finds all well with you and Anna.

Regards,

Alan

Edited by alsfarms
clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 2
On 10/26/2020 at 7:33 PM, alsfarms said:

Hello Harm,

Good Gosh...you are scaring the "devil" out of me with all this talk of Hospital stay for doing a new crown!  I am half way through that very process.  The final stage to be next week.  Are you up and going at near full speed yet for the youngster you are?  Is the Cleveland on your personal radar yet?  Here is an off the wall question for you.  Do you know of any organization, that has WW1 military "stuff" as the main focus, in the Holland area?  We are firmly done with this garden and fruit year.  Last night we settled at 16 degree F and will be so for a couple more nights then back into the 60's.  On another update....we did a couple of days in marathon pressing apples into fresh apple cider.  My wife kept some fresh cider and bottled the rest for use this winter!   I think we ended up with about 15 gallons. 🙂

I hope this note finds all well with you and Anna.

Regards,

Alan

Hello Alan,

Thanks!

Yes I am up and running, but surely not 'full speed'. A bit creaky like my brass cars. The Cleveland is on my personal radar for sure, but first I must repair the lathe. Received the bearings, so when I feel less dizzy, I will take on that chore.

Al, I do not know of any organization in the Netherlands that has WW1 stuff. The Netherlands was a 'neutral' country during WW1, no battles were fought on Dutch soil. At the Western front, most battles were fought on Belgian and French soil. Belgium and France have a lot of WW1 museums and organizations specializing in WW1 history and stuff.

Mmm, apple cider I love it! One of the neighbors sons collected the apples of our threes and is making cider of it.

Alan, do still find some time to work on your Locomobile?

Regards,

Harm

• Like 1