Sign in to follow this  
MochetVelo

2 Hershey Model L's

There were two restored Model L Tourabouts at Hershey this year. A 1905 L was brought by Jeff Keysor  (of Keysor Automobile Works) to the flea Market (photo below), and a 1906 model courtesy of Ronald Davis to the car show. Both are real nice-looking restored cars. By the way, Jeff says he might produce a small run of ignition timers for this model. If anyone is interested, let him know. If he can make five or more, they will be more affordable.

Phil

IMG_2082.JPG

What was the asking price on the 1905 at the flea market?

I think the L was about $42,000. It's a beautiful restoration.

Phil

That is my Maxwell model L  that Jeff has for sale. I researched the Maxwell company for many months and kept a very large record of the car's restoration and history. Also have a copy of the original parts catalog that Maxwell supplied in the day. All of this served me well in the restoration as it was a challenge when I purchased the car from the man that bought it from the original owners son. It had set outdoors for 70 plus years occasionally driven for parades. The son used to stop at my shop on occasion to check on " Dad's car " he was in his 90's at the last visit. I promised him a ride as soon as it was done , but a few months before the restoration was complete he passed. Many fond memories of one of my many restorations.  Also I would like to say I bought it about  30 miles from my home in the same town it was sold new in.    Bob Mahoney

I figured that was your car, Bob! I remember seeing it years ago in it's "before" state, so I appreciate what you did. Jeff Keysor had a new hood made for my "L" using the old rusty one I got from you as a pattern. I'm not working on the car right now, but it is on my (slow-moving) assembly line.

Phil Jamison

Nice to hear from you Phil. I  recognize the slow moving assembly line, mine stopped when I got into my high eightys. I still have the '05 paperwork mentioned above send me a PM if you think any of it or  all would be helpful to you.  Bob

It will be on it's way in the near future as a Christmas gift, enjoy some good reading. Also included is a little info on the '09 AA that Jeff also purchased. Bob