Hershey swap meet fields - part 1

Ted, I am not sure where you got the impression Friday was over by 2 PM.  I  had to be in numerous places on the fields and it was still doing very well all day with less people pulling out than the past two years.  When vendors travel  to be here by Tuesday and many were at Carlisle it is a long time to be away from home.  I wish they would stay and we are going to look at some ideas to help  make Saturday stronger next year.  This was a great year for Hershey!!

• Like 4

Had people at mine and brothers spots till 5:30 easy on Friday, even though I had no sales on Saturday cause it takes me 6 solid hours of packing and taking down canopies my brother had sales whole time he was packing up on Sat. 

Another observation since chocolate south lost people entrance, my buddies in corner of Red both said they would have droves of people all morning where my mornings now are slow till about 11:00 and then crazy so that may take people longer to get over to our fields 🤔 just a thought

Back in the 1980's and 90's when the car show was in the center of the fields the swap meet was more popular. The rows were wall to wall people. This was my 32nd year doing Hershey and 10 years ago I decided to tear down on Friday afternoon and get up early and enjoy the Car Show.  I own 3 antique cars and enjoy the swap meet but Saturday to me is Show Day.  I setup on Tuesday and deal until Friday and that's enough. I guess to each his own.

The crowd and sales are typically excellent for us from our arrival on Tuesday through about 4:00 on Friday then it tapers off pretty quickly. We stay until Saturday but usually pull out by lunchtime. There is almost nobody in the swap meet areas on Saturday and we make few if any sales.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pkhammer said:

The crowd and sales are typically excellent for us from our arrival on Tuesday through about 4:00 on Friday then it tapers off pretty quickly. We stay until Saturday but usually pull out by lunchtime. There is almost nobody in the swap meet areas on Saturday and we make few if any sales.

That was our exact experience on the Green field, not far from the Hyman bus.  Good traffic, then around 4 pm on Firday it was like someone threw a switch and everyone disappeared...….