TJ1935

Hershey swap meet fields - part 1

Thanks to the Hershey Region for another great event and all the meet volunteers!

SAM_0095.jpg

SAM_0096.jpg

SAM_0097.jpg

SAM_0098.jpg

SAM_0100.jpg

SAM_0101.jpg

SAM_0102.jpg

SAM_0103.jpg

SAM_0105.jpg

SAM_0107.jpg

SAM_0109.jpg

SAM_0110.jpg

SAM_0111.jpg

SAM_0112.jpg

SAM_0113.jpg

SAM_0114.jpg

SAM_0117.jpg

SAM_0119.jpg

SAM_0120.jpg

SAM_0121.jpg

SAM_0123.jpg

SAM_0124.jpg

SAM_0126.jpg

SAM_0128.jpg

SAM_0129.jpg

SAM_0130.jpg

SAM_0131.jpg

SAM_0143.jpg

SAM_0145.jpg

SAM_0148.jpg

SAM_0149.jpg

SAM_0150.jpg

SAM_0152.jpg

SAM_0153.jpg

SAM_8030.jpg

SAM_8031.jpg

SAM_8032.jpg

SAM_8033.jpg

SAM_8036.jpg

SAM_8038.jpg

SAM_8040.jpg

SAM_8044.jpg

SAM_8045.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for posting, especially the two wheelers!

Friday was my Second best day of Sales from Tuesday setup thru Saturday,  why all the tired bail on Friday more and more customers keep coming. Great Hershey! thanks for the pictures TJ

Cheers!

Ted, I am not sure where you got the impression Friday was over by 2 PM.  I  had to be in numerous places on the fields and it was still doing very well all day with less people pulling out than the past two years.  When vendors travel  to be here by Tuesday and many were at Carlisle it is a long time to be away from home.  I wish they would stay and we are going to look at some ideas to help  make Saturday stronger next year.  This was a great year for Hershey!!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ted sweet said:

friday was over by 2pm.

Not for us over in the Green field!  I wanted to start packing by 4 but the crowd was pretty thick and we couldn't even begin covering things up until at least 5 PM.

Terry

Had people at mine and brothers spots till 5:30 easy on Friday, even though I had no sales on Saturday cause it takes me 6 solid hours of packing and taking down canopies my brother had sales whole time he was packing up on Sat. 

Another observation since chocolate south lost people entrance, my buddies in corner of Red both said they would have droves of people all morning where my mornings now are slow till about 11:00 and then crazy so that may take people longer to get over to our fields 🤔 just a thought

Is it still possible to stay over until Sunday morning or must the fields be empty by Saturday evening?  In the old Green Field we always stayed over until Sunday.  Sometimes we had no choice if it was too muddy.

As it stands now, we have to be out on Saturday.  Who knows what the future will be.  There is cost associated with security etc. that HE& R would naturally require.  

Back in the 1980's and 90's when the car show was in the center of the fields the swap meet was more popular. The rows were wall to wall people. This was my 32nd year doing Hershey and 10 years ago I decided to tear down on Friday afternoon and get up early and enjoy the Car Show.  I own 3 antique cars and enjoy the swap meet but Saturday to me is Show Day.  I setup on Tuesday and deal until Friday and that's enough. I guess to each his own.

The crowd and sales are typically excellent for us from our arrival on Tuesday through about 4:00 on Friday then it tapers off pretty quickly. We stay until Saturday but usually pull out by lunchtime. There is almost nobody in the swap meet areas on Saturday and we make few if any sales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkhammer said:

The crowd and sales are typically excellent for us from our arrival on Tuesday through about 4:00 on Friday then it tapers off pretty quickly. We stay until Saturday but usually pull out by lunchtime. There is almost nobody in the swap meet areas on Saturday and we make few if any sales.

That was our exact experience on the Green field, not far from the Hyman bus.  Good traffic, then around 4 pm on Firday it was like someone threw a switch and everyone disappeared...….