For Sale: ‘65 Gran Sport project car

Rivdrivn

Numbers-matching LX engine rebuilt to stock configuration with consultation from Russ Martin, original BS trans also professionally rebuilt. Neither installed yet. Body is straight and very solid. Minor rust in trunk bed and under battery tray. Well optioned silver ext/black deluxe interior. Needs restoration which I no longer have time or ability to complete. Clear title in my name. $18K to a good home.

240D2E90-5DF7-4280-8220-19DA06741B62.jpeg

AB96800D-D57D-4BD5-8F97-8F34EC4F8336.jpeg

AE4D29EB-59CA-4DAF-BC9B-777C45D092E1.jpeg

BE1D1926-D4BD-4BDA-9060-81D0AB1A6928.jpeg

Edited by Rivdrivn
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, telriv said:

Wow Steve, sorry to hear about this latest.

Tom T.

Yeah, it’s unfortunate. My restoration team is not aging gracefully; in fact, they are dropping like flies.

But thanks for reminding me to mention that this car comes with a fully restored, tested and correct dual quad set-up done by Tom Terrific. Thanks Tom! It also comes with all the parts needed to complete the restoration.

20 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

But thanks for reminding me to mention that this car comes with a fully restored, tested and correct dual quad set-up done by Tom Terrific. Thanks Tom! It also comes with all the parts needed to complete the restoration.

Well that's a BIG plus for sure. If I was in the mood for a project, this would be pretty attractive. Good luck Steve

On 10/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, JJ62 said:

Can you post some more details like the options it has and maybe the data plate? How many miles? When were the engine and trans rebuilt? Where's the car located? Thanks.

A little more info...

I bought the car 3-4 years ago from a friend of Riviera Bob’s with the intention of restoring it. The motor and trans were rebuilt a year ago and have no miles on them. The car is numbers-matching in all respects with an early May build date. Paint code zz (silver cloud) interior 628 (deluxe black vinyl), with tinted glass, power windows, power seat, remote trunk release, air conditioning, rear speaker, rear defogger, rear arm rest, remote mirror, door guard mouldings, seat belts with retractors. I think I have all the necessary parts to complete it. In some cases, I have extra parts in better shape than the ones on the car, e.g. clam shells, chrome trim. I also have a some very hard to find parts, e.g. rear ac bracket, correct kick down switch. The dual quads and intake are the correct codes too. Located in Rockford, an hour west of Chicago, an hour south of Madison.

22F4E127-23C8-4C68-9D72-F21D22FAD7A7.png

2358B269-A314-42AA-9D1C-CA622E873348.jpeg

13EE0B71-AE3A-4679-BC38-9B9340786AE6.jpeg

Edited by Rivdrivn
Photos (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...