Sign in to follow this  
JRHaelig

Happiness Is....

Going out at night and sneaking a peek into your own garage.....

:415356082_buickwindow.thumb.jpg.2753d67e8b7a00828ba5c38a96e7c556.jpg

• Like 10

and here I thought I was the only one who did that...

• Like 1

You guys are not the only ones doing this. This picture always brings happiness to my heart. Even if I never finish my 1931 Reo Royale Victoria

image.thumb.png.0172edd66ad9a1935c77defb4c812e7d.png

• Like 4

Think most of us do that sometimes - is why my garages are attached to my house.

I've been known to do that.  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one, and am perhaps somewhat normal (for a gear head).

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1

When I had the '25 Pierce Arrow series 80, every night, before turning in, I went out and stroked one of the headlamps! I sure wish I could have kept that car.

45 minutes ago, wayne sheldon said:

When I had the '25 Pierce Arrow series 80, every night, before turning in, I went out and stroked one of the headlamps! I sure wish I could have kept that car.

Wayne, that car is now in very capable hands in Arroyo Grande.  I drove it for a few minutes a year ago, after adjusting the carb.  You can see it again at the *2021* PAS Meet in Buellton, CA in the latter part of June, 2021.  Stay in touch, please!

Thanks George!

So did the car finally get a good caretaker? I wish I could have kept it. It should have been driven and enjoyed, but maintained to preserve its low mileage originality.  Especially, that interior! I think it was one of the finest original mohair interiors I have ever seen. The paint on the body had been redone at some point a long time ago. However, many people thought it was original. And of course the fenders aprons etcetera was redone more recently,  but looked very nice. I heard years ago that it was almost completely restored. As long as it is being well taken care of.

Maybe one day I will be able to get back on tours again. I sure hope so. I miss the cars and antique car people, following a line of incredible nickel era cars, horseless carriages, even model Ts. I hope to see you on another tour before too long.

• Like 1

I’m currently saving to buy a Willy’s Knight that needs restoration big time. I’ve been selling off the gun collection to fund its purchase (assuming the seller doesn’t want too much). Wife asked am I ok with parting with the guns. I said they’re just sitting unused in a safe, having this car sitting in the carport even if it’s not driveable  yet  will bring me more joy to look at than they do.

Besides, once a project is secured you can take as long as you want :)

Happiness is FINALLY uncovering your old car so you can go out and look at it and promise it you will get back to it very soon.

post-37352-143137996175.jpg

Picture 28454.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Bernie what is the car behind the little blue stool?

1953 Jaguar Mark VII. Should have kept it.

IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.5e5f0f8a4017e96368aa3c32072077f9.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Happiness is a little blue stool.

002.thumb.JPG.6e5c9595a082cfe01fb9e12cfd34c2ab.JPG

Id be happy with a softer one.         ;)

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

12 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

every night, before turning in, I went out and stroked one of the headlamps! 

If you stroked anything else we don't want to know about it.... :D

• Haha 1

Happiness is finding the painter the previous owner hired to paint the car you bought.

Ray.thumb.jpg.4eb581a5da8aecee48bdc6748a7b8a3a.jpg

Happiness is a state of the mind. So if you are happy seeing your toy, that is being happy. When I look at my 28 DB Senior project I feel happy like pig in mud. 

Happiness is taking on another restoration project when I thought I was all done doing restorations..... ( The wife thinks I'm nuts  😄 )

Steve

20191015_174342 (1).jpg

Edited by STEVE POLLARD (see edit history)
  • Like 2