Hershey show

old car fan

old car,  how are you?  Nonsense to your post from what I saw at an enjoyable Hershey.  I have entered a car since 1998 at Hershey and cannot recall ever seeing what I believe is as a crisis situation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will we be talking in English? If the dangers your car is exposed to represent far beyond your willingness to share, then your cars aren't going to be shown anywhere until after you're gone. If you enjoy showing the cars, then enjoy it. I'd be more scared of an accident on the way then a bump from a golf cart.

• Thanks 1

They announced many times that pets were not allowed on the show field, yet saw many people with their dogs in tow

on the field.  I also saw several golf carts shoot down the aisles of the show field.  The personal mobility carts are one thing, but a golf cart hauling around 4 people is quite another.  If they are going to be allowed on the show field, they should have to have insurance in case they hit someone or a car.  There’s a lot of money on the show field.

A simple “I’m sorry” will not suffice in a case such as that.

Matt

• Like 1

VERY few carts were on the showfield and most of those were for the judging crew and volunteer workers.  All carts are to have insurance and no dogs allowed BUT there are people that think rules are for others.  Most of the dogs were from locals who may or may not know the rules.  This is a gigantic event and it will never be perfect.  Just check the police records every weekend from events here were people drank to much, did not follow the traffic rules, etc.  It happens!!!  The region and national are always trying to make the event safer.  

• Like 9

On 10/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, old car fan said:

We have two car's that will be ready for next year.I was on the field early.did not  see a problem my nephew went a bit later..my nephew has pics of golf carts on the field,with pictures.carts by the car's,.we will not chance it.something has to change.nothing enforced.

I think he may have gotten the car corral and swap meet mixed up with the actual show. The photos he took would easily clarify where they were. I agree that the golf carts in the swap meet were plentiful, but did not see any on the show field other then those that belonged and I was there from 8 am till 4:30

8 hours ago, John348 said:

I think he may have gotten the car corral and swap meet mixed up with the actual show. The photos he took would easily clarify where they were. I agree that the golf carts in the swap meet were plentiful, but did not see any on the show field other then those that belonged and I was there from 8 am till 4:30

That could well be. I had gone to work at Hershey for a vendor as a teen for several years without ever knowing there was a show field!