Buick35

If you were a car what kind would you be?

Someone once told me if I were a car Id be a Packard because I get hot so fast! I don't know if that's true or not,I never owned a Packard.

Right now after Hershey, I would be any car ready for the junkyard! I am beat, and run to the ground

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

In my younger days, a 1963 Impala SS 409 4 speed.  Now maybe a 1950 Buick Roadmaster.

• Like 1

I might be a Chrysler Turbine. Quiet with a copper coating and runs down the road with a purpose....

CT.jpg

• Like 3

"i, sadly, would probably be a Garbage truck. " with Ardun heads (original contract).

Not sure. Would need to be a two door computer car with a 500 mile range. 0-60 under 6 seconds, 30 mpg, and a lot of luggage room. Oh and a retractable roof but not an SSR. Never could take the styling.

Given today's poor roads, heavy traffic and lousy drivers, a Sherman tank (hey, it's an antique) in self defense.

• Like 2

I would probably be an old truck with a dead battery.

• Haha 4

Given the drivers around here... a bull dozer that could do 80........bob

I am Tommy, the Ebay parts compatibility car. No matter what I am in I become "part of the machine".

That's J. C. Whitney universal for the old guys.

4 hours ago, JACK M said:

I would probably be an old truck with a dead battery.

Naw...it still has a little juice left. 😉

O.K. Girls and boys. I'll play. It may seem surprising, but this Cadillac is me. I know I have written about the thing and where it has been. I don't remember whether I have shown pictures of it. I bought this '71 when it was a relatively new used car. Initial depreciation had made it a beautiful, economical driver. I had every service receipt from new. I love(d) it. Just about time for tires and shocks, I got T-boned. Insurance company paid me every cent I had in it and let me keep it. This car's name is "Shakedown Street".

Always wanted to cruise all of Mexico in a droptop Cad. ALL of Mexico. From my experience 4 wheel driving "Eyes of the World", a new '77 Blazer, through Mexico, Central, and South America, I knew my dream was just impossible fantasy. Cadillacs couldn't get where I would need to be. Buuuuut now I had a free Cadillac convertible to cut up and modify to stand up to the punishment I would inflict on it. I know I have got into some of the details of the engine and suspension mods in the past, and some of the places this car, and ONLY this car has ever been. I ran Baja with it a couple of times, and then came an opportunity of a (or perhaps several), lifetime(s). The unprecedented 3 step Peso devaluation of 1982. From around 22 to the buck, to almost 150. I lit out January '83. "Six days, oops, I mean months, upon the road", 20,000 miles, and spent fewer Greenbacks than I would have if I had stayed home ! 

The car could go again; I'm all done in. It became a hunting rig. It could still go hunting; I can't. We do go off-roading in the wilds above the ranch. Amusing encounters take place from time to time out there. A somewhat chance encounter took place in Oaxaca, Oax. Mecico. Sandy and I were trying to find a couple of friends on what would prove to be insufficient information. All we really knew was that they were very rural, out of Oaxaca. These friends did not know we were in Mexico, nor had they ever seen or heard of this Cad. Luckily, they had come to town, and saw this monster parked, in full cruise trim, flying Washington plates. They realized this could ONLY be ME, put a message on the windshield with contact info, and we hooked up and off we went, over and down a scenic, but impassable road. Well, not QUITE impassable. I was just able to get through without deploying my extraction gear. And on and on we went ! I wish each one of you could have had a chance at riding shotgun on that GREAT adventure. This Cadillac really IS me. And you all know :     -   Cadillac Carl  

P.S. Some of you who know me here might have thought my 1927 Cadillac would have been the one. But, well, anyway, IT'S name IS : "Eyes of the World, TOO"

8DF5B794-638B-4D2B-96D2-F2F9EA7143BA.jpeg

6A7A3DF1-821C-49A5-8F7A-EEC20AE7B35E.jpeg

95523A14-8877-4613-B742-3BE6C86EC34E.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm the fairly new suv that you see all rusty and beat and you wonder how a car that new can be in that bad a shape.

• Like 2

I would be the "Village Idiot" car.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to be a "Smart" Car!

PR78759.jpg

• Like 3

I'd like to be a 60's VW Beetle......everybody loves them and they are dependable, simple, run forever and easy to maintain.

• Like 1

A blue 2-door 68 Chevy Belair, 283, 3 on the tree.

Un-fancy, simple, tolerable to look at and dead nuts reliable.

-Ron

• Like 1

I would probably be this.  Maybe that's why it spoke to me. 

Good looking ;) , lots of fun,  Dependable as hell.  I just keep going no matter how beat I feel and different from the crowd.  

thumbnail-7.jpeg

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

An E- type Jaguar- long, low, sleek, fast and never sure it will even start to get out of the garage. 

Dave S 

• Haha 1