Sign in to follow this  
LORNE SHIELDS

EVANS & DODGE ~ E & D 1897 Bicycle Catalog + Trade Card

EVANS & DODGE .... Available a very early 1897 E & D Bicycles catalog for Evans & Dodge Bicycles.  Printed and produced by The Canadian Typograph Co.  (this was the name of their company) of Windsor, Ontario.  28 Printed Pages ~ 6-7/8" x 8-1/4".   Have a trade card as well from E & D Bicyles of the same era as well.  Will be able to post photos by Oct. 20th.  Feel free to contact me at ... lorne-shields@rogers.com  or phone (leave a message if I am not home to reply) at  905-886-6911

Edited by LORNE SHIELDS (see edit history)

Would you consider donating it to the Dodge Brothers Club? I am chairman of the Historical Research Committee and I know we don't have one in our literature collection. It would be a good addition to our collection. We are a 501-c-3 and I will make sure you get a tax document, you add the value. contact me by PM. Doug

On 10/13/2019 at 5:50 PM, nearchoclatetown said:

Would you consider donating it to the Dodge Brothers Club? I am chairman of the Historical Research Committee and I know we don't have one in our literature collection. It would be a good addition to our collection. We are a 501-c-3 and I will make sure you get a tax document, you add the value. contact me by PM. Doug

Hi Doug ... I would like to consider doing that but I actually live in a suburb of Toronto Canada.   Any Tax Receipt is not of any value what-so-ever.  Would you please consider writing to me directly >>>   lorne-shields@rogers.com    ...  Thanks for any courtesies ... Lorne Shields 

This is Dale in Montana I would like to see pictures of your bicycle pamphlet.  dale.tharp@gmail.com/  406 557 6111   (Thanks)

Hello, is this the item that is for auction at Miller & Miller right now? I am the curator of Meadow Brook Hall and I am also interested in this item (plus of course I'll share it with the Dodge Bros. Club!)

Yes, the "E & D" bicycle was one of the first to feature ball bearings, rather than bushings, in both the hubs and the bottom bracket.

That was just one of the Dodge Bros.'s other talents.  Another one was when , at the government's request, they built a factory and manufactured special ammunition to very close tolerances when the U.S. entered WWI.  I think neither GM nor Ford was willing or able to do it.