Classic car insurance

ted1922

Would like to hear your store with your classic car insurance company.

If your car was stolen ,in a accident, lost do to weather or fire.

Did you have any problems, were they helpful, did it take a long time to be payed?

Do you have rules you have to follow to be insured with your company?

I am looking for a company for my cars .

I've had several cars insured with Hagerty over the years but have never had to file a claim after a theft or accident (knock on wood). You get an "agreed value" policy with them so there shouldn't be any arguments about what the value of the car is if it's totaled or stolen. Good luck....

Most have something similar to: "Be used primarily as hobby vehicles: used in exhibitions, club activities, parades, or other functions of public interest. An occasional nice day drive to keep the vehicle in running order is perfectly acceptable". At one point I asked if being driven to a show about 100 mies away & night in motel was OK and was told it was.

12 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

but all prohibit daily driver use or for hire use.

Something new is in town, Drive Share by Hagerty!

https://www.driveshare.com/

My friend rents out his Corvair convertible with this. All Hagerty insurance sponsored!

• Like 1

I wasn't endorsing Ride Share by Hagerty, just commenting on the fact there now is antique insurance that does allow for hire uses.

You better believe I would read all  the particulars before doing Ride Share!😲

Stick with the companies that specialize in antique car insurance.  You will find the coverage to be better and cost less.  Hagerty, J.C. Taylor, American Collectors, and others who advertise in the club magazines.  Most of them get good reviews here whenever anybody asks a question like yours.

Remember all 50 states control policies requirements in their state.  Shop around and talk to their agents.  

Retired Agent

• Like 1