Mars

1930 cf fuse size

1930 cf 4 dr.  I should know but I forgot what size the fuse is. I'm having trouble getting the headlights back. I think it's in the wiring behind the dashboard. It looks to be original. Where might I find a wiring diagram? Frustated 

Still blowing fuses. Replaced a few wires that looked real bad. I feel like a pretzel from being under the dash. It shouldn't be this hard.

Check to see if ant wires are resting on the oil pressure gauge line. That could give you problems. My wiring roasted because of that. Got a new harness and all is good.

Still blowing fuses. Replaced a few wires that looked real bad. I feel like a pretzel from being under the dash. Is a new harness difficult to install? I'm not getting power to the clum switch. How do you tell if the harness is toast?

concerned about the clum switch. Mine seems "flexible ", wondering if I should pursue that route. Probably should replace the whole harness. Would feel better,knowing it's all new. Any knowledge of a manufacturer. What about the clum switch? I guess it's,while you're down there, do it all. I put in a new light switch. No change.

Rhode Island Wiring is where I got my 1931 DB harness. EXCELLENT quality and price.

I have a 1930 CK, and the fuse holder is mounted with a rivet to the back of the ammeter. This is a poor design as the rivet connection becomes loose after many years of warming and cooling. Eventually the connection fails and the heat from the failed connection melts the fuse internally. I have by-passed the original fuse holder with a modern one. I have also installed a fuse panel for the individual circuits. Headlights/tail lights/dome light etc. Having a 16 gauge wire on a 30 amp is not safe!

Trying to bypass the fuse. The lug that seems to be attached to the fuse has 3 wires, one goes to #1 on clum switch. One goes to the light switch, one going to dome and corner lights. From what I can tell. Do I still use that lug and just remove the glass fuse. Or do I connect the three wires and one end of the new fuse holder? I'm getting a spark when I touch the old fuse holder lug and ignition/generator wire. Shouldn't spark. Yikes 

How would I know if the clum is bad? Still trying to bypass the fuse. No lights or horn. Lost.

The only way to find the problem is with a DC voltmeter. Go by one of the wiring diagrams posted above and work your way through the circuits. If you don't understand electricity, have someone who does help you. The old Dodge / Chrysler wiring diagrams are fairly simple and straight forward. There is not much that can go wrong with a clum switch, short of falling apart or filling with steering box grease.

• Like 1