1930 DESOTO CF TOURING SEDAN

We have desided to either sell or trade off the 1930 Desoto we have.we already have a Desoto coupe so no need for the sedan.

It has the straight 207ci. 8 cyl. L engine with the 3 speed trans.

It runs great and shifts very nice.

Almost new tires all around.

The wheels are in great shape.

All brakes are good.

Updated to 12 volt .

All lights and added signals work as they should 

Original horn works good.

The motor starts so quick and is so smooth running.

It's a joy to drive. Just had it in a parade this morning and it performed wonderful.lots of smiles and thumbs up.

Has had 1 repaint in its 90 yrs.painted approx.20 yrs ago.

It has a recover job done on the original upholstery but is still worn the upholstery was recovered in the late 60s so it's due for some more interior.. it's worn but still very usable it's not all tore up or anything just faded and worn still has original headliner.

Its a Desoto.you always see the Ford's and chevy but rarely see a DeSoto especially in this nice of condition no rust anywhere ...its $15,000 or best offer or trade.

Jim 913 226 0635

received_360885138190383.jpeg

FB_IMG_1567467606388.jpg

20190913_183647_HDR.jpg

20190926_190049.jpg

Edited by Big Dawg (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Took the car to a parade today and it did great.parade was 2 hrs long.got lots of I love your car and thumbs up. Got people's choice award with it and tomorrow it goes to the car show that's put on by local school dist.spent the late afternoon today detailing the car.

Have a few trade offers already from local adds but nothing that I.like.

I would very much like to have a smooth running original Dodge, Chrysler or Desoto.... as my daily driver, up here in the quiet mountain area of southern New Mexico.... two lane paved roads, and gravel/dirt roads , with very few cars on the roads and 35-40 mph the common speed..... I do have a trade offer for you of equal value, ($15 K).... hopefully you would be interested in a 4x4 1930 Model A pickup... that was built as a king cap, to provide plenty of leg room for a tall, large person... and easy to get parts for, but NOT a Hot rod or Rat rod..... Just a practical, every day driver, working truck....  Built from the frame up.... using the body of a 1930 'blind back sedan', model 170 Model A..... all the rotted interior framing wood replaced with tubular steel frame work, sound proofing lined and insulated.  with a 4 cylinder 22R engine that puts out 105 HP and a fully syncro 5 speed transmission, Power assisted hydraulic brakes;  discs in the front & drum in the rear..... almost every thing replaced, repaired or New.....   There is soooo much to tell you about, that has been built into this truck... but I will not take up your time describing more about it... unless you like what you see in the photos and want to know more about it.....     I have owned and driven often a 1929 Dodge sedan and a 1930 Chrysler sedan.... so I know what your 1930 Desoto will feel like and be like to own and drive.... I hope you might like to own a vintage looking truck, that you could use all year round as a daily working truck..... Any interest in trading..?  sunnybabaspirit@yahoo.com    Lots of recent improvements made since these photos......

DSC06101.JPG

DSC06100.JPG

DSC06107.JPG

DSC06106.JPG

DSC06104.JPG

DSC06102.JPG

DSC06109.JPG

DSC06105.JPG