tcslr

They really do exist

Here is probably one of those interesting points as well - the RR was a New York City delivered new car and it has a blue stop lamp

21686762_10155892616992189_3894146381541067000_o.jpg.8ca05d41cc0d797b31b2b8760fc993b9.jpg

The light output of the dual filament headlamps on my '29 is quite good, actually.

They provide plenty of light out front, light up the road well with a nicely focused beam.

And I will get flashed by other drivers if I don't manage to take them off high beam in time.

Our Henley and Special Newmarket have blue lenses......the Henley was delivered in Minnasoda, the Special in Florida.

• Like 1

Growing up in our AACA chapter in Southern Ohio, I often attended parties, business meetings, tours, etc, with my parents. If there weren't other kids around to play with, I would sit and listen to grownups arguing judging points, discussing problems with their old cars, and later in the evenings the stories would start flowing. I heard variations of many of the same old stories over and over, told by different people with different details, but clearly the same story. For example, one story about a "really hot car" that someone had ridden in "back in the day," would have the story teller relating that the owner/driver of said hot car would put a $20 bill on the dash, and challenge the story teller that he could have it, if he could lean forward and grab it while the car was accelerating from a dead stop. Of course, the G-forces were too great, etc, etc. 

ANOTHER story I heard a few times over the years was about a pair of motorcycle riders riding side-by-side on a dark road, when they spot a pair of widely-spaced headlights ahead. Realizing that the lights were too far apart to be a car, one rider shouts to the other, "Look, two motorcycles coming the other way. Watch me scare Hell out of 'em!" The rider then pulls into the opposing lane, only to be crushed in a head-on collision with a Pierce-Arrow. 

I heard that story more than once, in different areas of the country. One guy told that same story but mentioned a Franklin as the mis-identified car with wide headlights. I ASSUME it has about as much basis in truth as the "hot rod" from the early 1960's with insane acceleration...but who knows?