leomara

Golf Cart and Other Types of Hershey Flea Market Traffic

7 minutes ago, md murray said:

How 'bout the fellow who felt the need to drive his pickup donning full Donald Trump regalia replete with dual flags through all the rows earlier in the week? ….admirable display of patriotism but probably a little unnecessary.

That's my laugh for the day. I can imagine the two word conversations as he drove from one end to the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, md murray said:

How 'bout the fellow who felt the need to drive his pickup donning full Donald Trump regalia replete with dual flags through all the rows earlier in the week? ….admirable display of patriotism but probably a little unnecessary.

Guys like that always remind me of this cartoon:

gary-larsen.png

Also reassuring when idiots self-identify so the rest of us can steer clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This topic comes up every year in one form or another and is no different than the disdain we have for Cadillac Escalades (or pick your car) that park at Walmart and the owner gets out and bounds into the store looking perfectly fine.   This is the America we live in.  

I was born without hip sockets and have an artificial left hip and my right one needs replaced.  But, I wear it a bit like a badge of honor, refusing to get a handicapped placard/license plate and struggling at walking events like car shows.  I was at Hershey in 2010 and the walking was tough. My artificial left hip was only 5 years old, my right one was fine. My feet hurt despite decent Rockports.  It is what it is.  

We all want the Super Bowl effect of Hershey, the massive size, but we don't want the inconvenience of walking.   Administration should vet better, even with political correctness and ADA.   Maybe they do but once carts are on the ground, it is a no win battle.   Just wait till one backs into a high dollar car corral car.

10 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Also reassuring when idiots self-identify so the rest of us can steer clear.

No, MBTI is not a turbocharged, injected Mercedes-Benz.