Tmirisola

1932 Plymouth 3 Window

I recently purchased a 1932 Plymouth. It’s a 3 Window and does not have a Rumble Seat. I am open to learn as much about the car as I can, where to get parts & where to go for local Meets & Plymouth Car Shows in the New England area. 

Thank you 🙏 in advance 😁

Tom

2 hours ago, Tmirisola said:

I recently purchased a 1932 Plymouth. It’s a 3 Window and does not have a Rumble Seat. I am open to learn as much about the car as I can, where to get parts & where to go for local Meets & Plymouth Car Shows in the New England area. 

Thank you 🙏 in advance 😁

Tom

Welcome to the forum. Depends on what sort of parts you might need. There are a lot of different suppliers for different items. Can you show us a list of things needed? We also LOVE to see photos of cool cars like yours.

John

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

you did not state if it is PA or PB       suicide doors ????      there is no one place to get every thing you need     if you post a list  it may be easier to help you

Was it this car you bought from Hershey? 

If so it's a very nice car that you almost didn't get as I looked at it several times and almost bought it, had money in my pocket even,   but after some soul searching decided I really wanted a convertible.   That's about all that held me back it's a really nice car with probably the cleanest body I have seen in a long time on any car that old. 

Congratulations. 

0A92C9CA-9C06-429C-B960-2113E71B2B31.thumb.jpeg.11a80764711004b57e2e1283e017975e.jpeg

7 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Was it this car you bought from Hershey? 

If so it's a very nice car that you almost didn't get as I looked at it several times and almost bought it, had money in my pocket even,   but after some soul searching decided I really wanted a convertible.   That's about all that held me back it's a really nice car with probably the cleanest body I have seen in a long time on any car that old. 

Congratulations. 

0A92C9CA-9C06-429C-B960-2113E71B2B31.thumb.jpeg.11a80764711004b57e2e1283e017975e.jpeg

What were they asking for this one? Thanks

Here's a picture of the car I purchased. I do not know how much of the car has original parts or the look. The first thing I want to do is change the brakes from Power Drum to Disc Brakes. Any advice where to buy the kits would be appreciated. I am new to the Plymouth and loving it. 

69246235_10217014906579434_2633572168067186688_n.jpg

They were asking 25,  but the owner offered ti to me for 22G on Wednesday.  Sat there for 2 more days and finally sold Friday.  I was real tempted to offer 20G,  but hindsight 20/20.  Still want an open car,  though I awoke this morning and was wondering if it wasn't foolish to pass on it.  Oh well.  Time to sell the Cord and get an open next tier car. 

3 hours ago, Tmirisola said:

Here's a picture of the car I purchased. I do not know how much of the car has original parts or the look. The first thing I want to do is change the brakes from Power Drum to Disc Brakes. Any advice where to buy the kits would be appreciated. I am new to the Plymouth and loving it. 

69246235_10217014906579434_2633572168067186688_n.jpg

You definitely have a different animal there.  You might find more help over on the HAMB,  as we are more about original cars here and they cater to the guys that want to modify theirs, have already done so and will know what interchanges or can be made to work.  Good luck.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Welcome to the forum. Depends on what sort of parts you might need. There are a lot of different suppliers for different items. Can you show us a list of things needed? We also LOVE to see photos of cool cars like yours.

John

Hi I am looking for an Original Hood and Sides for a 32 or an Aftermarket Re-Manufactured one in Steel or Fiberglass.

Question:  What was the Original Size of a 32 Rear End and What was the Gear Ratio??????

Thanks in Advance

Tom M

You will need to have hood sides made as the stock hood won't fit,  due to the way things are modified.  Often the reasons guy buy original cars is original parts fit where with customs,  stuff has been changed so replacement or new parts have to be made or adapted. Not much is direct bolt on anymore.  If you look at the stock one I posted,  you will see the original hood goes all the way to just shy of the windshield. 

It seems to me that you are up against the age-old problem with modified cars. What is it made of? When you come to repair something, what is it you need? Without documentation, it can become very difficult to know what you have without a bit of knowledge or knowledgeable friends.

Clearly the body is modified. The heavy V8 will mean the front suspension will be modified - replaced might be a better word. The horsepower of the engine means the rear end will have been swapped for something that will handle it. The gearbox and drive shaft will have been replaced for the same reason. Because of the extra weight and speed of the car, the brakes will be replaced - no doubt as part of the suspension and axle replacements. The chassis, if it is the original, will have been strengthened too, to handle the extra weight and dynamic loads from going faster. We have already seen how it has been shortened at the rear.

It seems clear to me that you will have nothing of the original running gear, suspension, steering, brakes, maybe even gauges. Originally it had a 196 cu. in. 4 cylinder engine. Much of it is probably not even Plymouth, let alone Mopar.

• Like 1