Hupp Club at Hershey

Hupp36

Just wanted to say  hi  to all the  members of  the Hupp club that are there at  Hershey. 2020 is our  club  50th. year as  an on going club. I  am  proud  to  say  that  I  am  a charter member. Due  to an  illness  I  can  not  go this  year but  look forward  to  next.

I went to the Hupp Club site on Thursday.  About four or five guys sitting down talking.  I stood at table for a couple minutes looking at stuff, nobody ever said bo diddly to me, so I walked away.

Clubs, if you're going to have a banner up at Hershey, designate somebody to engage in conversation with visitors....I'm a member of the Hupp Club, but had I wanted to join, after that experience I wouldn't....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trimacar said:

I went to the Hupp Club site on Thursday.  About four or five guys sitting down talking.  I stood at table for a couple minutes looking at stuff, nobody ever said bo diddly to me, so I walked away.

Clubs, if you're going to have a banner up at Hershey, designate somebody to engage in conversation with visitors....I'm a member of the Hupp Club, but had I wanted to join, after that experience I wouldn't....

Sorry for the experience you had.  Most likely the guys talking were just visiting the space and the person that would have most likely greeted you was busy in the RV parked next to the space or left the space temporary.  My wife and I have found the members of the Hupp Club to be very outgoing, friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful.  I fully understand your first impression with the experience you had and hope you will reconsider.   Besides the camaraderie the club offers many other perks such as a wealth of Hupp literature, help finding and selling parts, and copies of blueprints are in the works.  We have made many lasting friendships within the club, just a great group of people. 

• Like 1

Yes, we left about 3:00. I had to return the U-Haul rental trailer by 7PM. I made it with about 20 minutes to spare!  

The tires on the Torpedo, by the way, are NOS New Zealand-made whites which I got from Universal. They are not stretchy, and I had trouble mounting them. I finally brought them to Universal in Hershey and they put them on for me. The guy put cardboard on the floor and used tire irons.

Phil

• Like 1