Sign in to follow this  
ROBERTWILLIAM

1983 Chrysler Imperial Sport coupe

Collectible in the sense that 1983 was it for the Imperial in this iteration and because of the Imperial On-Line Club website, a person can narrow down a "1 of" search for any 1983 combination.  In my opinion, the factory aluminum star wheels are an absolute must for owning one of these because the other option was faux wire wheel covers which look hideous against this modern sculpted body. 

Some love it, most hate them.   I think they are a nice looking car that generally falls through the cracks of modern car collecting.  Like the 1979-1985 GM Eldorados-Rivieras-Toronados. 

6 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Some love it, most hate them.   I think they are a nice looking car that generally falls through the cracks of modern car collecting. 

I like the styling of the car, except the

rear-end styling isn't all that graceful.

I think these cars' unreliability has kept

interest away.  

The bustle back aped the Seville. Neither were respected new or now. But I do prefer the Imperial. Funny how both of them gained a bad reputation due more to reliability than style.

Sign me up for a low priced Frank Sinatra special edition please!

Reliability issues stem from the rudimentary EFI system they came with,  the vast majority were refitted with a carburetor when near new. Aside from that they are a great car, I have enjoy mine for several years. I loved them when they were new but I didn't have a spare $18,000 in grade 10.