3macboys

Restoration of 1930 Dodge DD6 Coupe

I've been reading a lot on here and decided that it was finally time to post what I've been working on.  This was an abandoned project that was picked up a few years ago and last year about this time the chassis was moved into it's current location for the winter as the space is a lot cheaper to heat than the full shop.  The plan was to have the motor running by Christmas....so far it's a good thing that we didn't specify which Christmas.  So far the chassis has been painted, the brake cylinders rebuilt and new lines have been started.  I'm currently working on painting the rims and brake drums and getting them back on the chassis.  I will up with the progress as I go along.  One thing that I am looking for is if anyone has pictures of the carb linkage.  I have two spare motors but neither of them have the linkage either.  

DSC_0959.JPG

• Like 2

I will add a couple of more pictures - I apologize that I haven't figured out how to adjust the size of the files to get them all into one post.  

DSC_0960.JPG

The last one for tonight - the body is fairly solid and I hope to have it off to the body shop in the next month or so for paint.  

DSC_0964.JPG

• Like 2

Cool car. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

2 hours ago, 3macboys said:

I've been reading a lot on here and decided that it was finally time to post what I've been working on.  This was an abandoned project that was picked up a few years ago and last year about this time the chassis was moved into it's current location for the winter as the space is a lot cheaper to heat than the full shop.  The plan was to have the motor running by Christmas....so far it's a good thing that we didn't specify which Christmas.  So far the chassis has been painted, the brake cylinders rebuilt and new lines have been started.  I'm currently working on painting the rims and brake drums and getting them back on the chassis.  I will up with the progress as I go along.  One thing that I am looking for is if anyone has pictures of the carb linkage.  I have two spare motors but neither of them have the linkage either.  

DSC_0959.JPG

These pictures might be of some help.

P1010800.jpg

1930 DODGE 031.jpg

Thanks Dave those will definitely help!

One wheel done - three to go.  I used a two coats of a good quality marine paint.  It flowed out well and should hopefully do the trick long term being suited to both wood and paint.  The rims aren't perfect but our intention is for the car to be a driver and enjoyed and not a show car when we are done.  My niece will do the pin stripping of the spokes before the wheels go back on the chassis.  

DSC_0023.JPG

• Like 1